Does SquareSpace delete images from your library if they're not used on a page?

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

For a website I work on, I did some custom css to put a larger play button on videos, which required a custom graphic to accommodate the upscale of the image used. To do this, I uploaded an image to the site's library and temporarily placed it on a page to grab its URL, then removed it from the page and used the URL to implement the change I was trying to make. And it worked. Until yesterday, when the play button disappeared. I looked through the site's image library and couldn't find the image. 

I don't remember deleting the image at any point. Is this something that SquareSpace does automatically if images aren't in use?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

Our system will typically remove images from your library that aren't used on your site after 38 days. I wanted to share a quick update that you can now select/delete/upload multiple images at the same time from your site's library. 

Here's some more information about removing images from your site's library: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542377-Managing-and-reusing-images#toc-delete-images-from-my-library

• 1 year later...

@Parker_SQSP Is it still so that the system removes images from your library that aren't used on your site after 38 days? I have some images in my Asset Library that have been used in 2020, and the pages they have been used on have been deleted, but the images are still there. 

And does the notification before deleting an image from the Asset library appear to all images or just those that are currently used on the site? The latter would be very handy.

Näyttökuva 2023-8-21 kello 13.50.49.png