Domain Transfer Away from SQS

I transferred a domain from SQS to Porkbun on Friday. Porkbun received and accepted it successfully. However, when I go into SQS > Use a domain I own > mydomain.com > Click Return > Connect Domain, there is an error message that says “This domain is already associated with a Squarespace site. I clicked the “these instructions” link and learned that I did not go into Advanced Settings and disable the DNSSEC before transferring the domain to Porkbun.

What do I do? I don’t have the Host Verification Code from Squarespace to add to my Porkbun DNS settings to point my domain to Squarespace?
3 hours ago, Hanna1 said:

there is an error message that says “This domain is already associated with a Squarespace site.

Do you still have access to the Squarespace site that is associated to the domain? If yes, have you tried to disconnect the association to the domain?

You can usually do this using these steps:

1. Log on to the website.
  2. Go to Settings > Domains.
  3. Select the domain name to disconnect.
  4. Click Disconnect domain.
  5. Click Yes to confirm the disconnection. 

If this doesn't work, you'll need assistance from Customer Care.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

OMG, I think it worked! But I have a question before I get too excited.

I disconnected the domain from SQS, went back through the process of "Use a Domain I Own," and got a verification code this time. I manually entered it into the receiving domain host. The domain showed connected in SQS. I went through the connection process with the receiving domain host and they said it was "Connected!".

In SQS, all five DNS records are green (not red). But the verification code line sometimes disappears and only the remaining four DNS records are there. I clicked "Refresh" a few times and the Verification DNS record eventually comes back in green.  Is that normal?

Edited by Hanna1
Clarification
35 minutes ago, Hanna1 said:

I clicked "Refresh" a few times and the Verification DNS record eventually comes back in green.

It can be. It depends on the specific circumstances. If the DNS entries have been created correctly with the new domain host, it should just work after a short period (up to 72 hours). However, to be able to tell you whether the settings are correct, I'd need to know the domain name. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.