Product Review Options Questions

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello all,

I've just learnt about the recently released option to enable product reviews. This is something that I've been wanting for my store for a while now and I'm definitely excited to enable this for new customers.

I'm wondering, is it in future plans for squarespace to allow existing customers to leave reviews, past the 120 day window? I've been selling for a few years now and would love the opportunity to invite existing customers to review the products. 

Also, if I just enabled the review option today, does that mean customers who've purchased within the last 120 days will automatically receive an email inviting them to leave a review? Or it's only for customers from today moving forward?

Thanks

Edited by westchesterstudios
Accidentally hit post without completing
  • Solution

Once you enable the reviews feature, reviews will start being sent to customers. Review requests are sent 14 days after an order has been placed, which means that customers who placed an order 14 days before you enabled the service will be the first to receive an email. Customers who placed an order over more than 14 days before the feature was enabled will not be invited to provide a review.

To send reviews more widely, you may want to consider integrating a third party reviews service. 

Edited by paul2009
Edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 2:01 PM, westchesterstudios said:

Hello all,

I've just learnt about the recently released option to enable product reviews. This is something that I've been wanting for my store for a while now and I'm definitely excited to enable this for new customers.

I'm wondering, is it in future plans for squarespace to allow existing customers to leave reviews, past the 120 day window? I've been selling for a few years now and would love the opportunity to invite existing customers to review the products. 

Also, if I just enabled the review option today, does that mean customers who've purchased within the last 120 days will automatically receive an email inviting them to leave a review? Or it's only for customers from today moving forward?

Thanks

Hello! To add one more clarification to @paul2009's point: once you've enabled the feature, any orders fulfilled within the last 14 days from the day you enabled the feature will also trigger a review request email for those orders. This is a small technical detail. For the most part though, the feature is built to work for orders that come in after you've toggled this feature on, like Paul said

I've also noted your feedback on being able to reach previous customers with review requests. This is something we would like to eventually solve for, although realistically it is not something we will be able to prioritize in the near future.

Cheers, Karen

+1 to Adan89 comment here for past customers to be able to review products. It's tough to show the value of customer reviews to future potential customers if you don't have any reviews to show before toggling a feature that was jut released 😕.  

One option that would be helpful is if once you toggle this feature on you have one email notification credit added to your account to be able to send an email to prior customers. That email could then direct those customers to a review page for their past orders. This would be beneficial to the seller site as well as Squarespace as a whole. Squarespace would get a boost in reviews on the platform, which would also help your sellers. Which in turn helps them sell more products = more sales on the Squarespace site and a happy seller interested in keeping their business on Squarespace rather than a competitor. @Karen_SQSP

Edited by Abbruzzini
1 hour ago, ScoutSalem said:

How are you guys even toggling on product reviews?

1. In the Home menu, click Commerce, then click Product Reviews.
  2. Switch the Request reviews toggle on to enable product review emails.
  3. Switch the Show reviews toggle on to display product reviews on product details pages.

For more information see Product Reviews.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.