Clickthrough questions

Site URL: https://www.jennperman.com

HI, My current website is set up with the  Avenue template. I would like to update it so I can create 3 layers of pages (currently 2). For example if you are on the homepage you can click a topic for example marketing. Once in marketing you can click on a client image from a grid. Then you would be on the third page and see the work for only that client.

I am guessing click through links are the best way to do that? Or do I need to hire someone to customize the template?

If clickthrough is the best way can someone familiar with this site style suggest a template that supports clickthroughs. I know they don't all support linking. 

Any help much appreciated!

5 hours ago, JennyJen said:

I would like to update it so I can create a flow of 3 layers of pages (currently 2).

You can achieve three layers on any template or Squarespace version by building pages manually (placing blocks on pages and linking between them). Whatever your mockups of your portfolio look like, it will be possible to create them in this way. The only downside will be the level of administration required to add a new client, project or theme.

Squarespace 7.1 templates are most advanced, and will be the most future-proof if you are redesigning your site. They offer features and layouts that may make it easier to structure your content and reduce administration.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I am using the Avenue template and can do as you asked. My site right now has three layers of links as well as two. I have three using a category drop down block and I have links on my nav bar (under photography lessons) that are three layers deep some two.  You can take a look from my home page. Remember my arrangement can be customized. I have done this for other customer sites as well. 

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews
2 hours ago, JennyJen said:

Are all of the templates shown available now 7.1?

The 7.1 "designs" are shown on this page: https://www.squarespace.com/templates. Although the starting points may look different, they all use the same "7.1" template and have the same features.

The older 7.0 template families are still available here: https://www.squarespace.com/templates/browse/v7. Unlike 7.1, each template family has different features.

Please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon if this helped  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.