Newsletter Form

Site URL: https://lordsuni.squarespace.com/

There's a werid outline I see when I click on to enter the email add on the newsletter form in the footer. Can someone pls help me remove it?

site url: https://lordsuni.squarespace.com/   pw: lords

I have used this code to customise the block:

// Summary Block Title //

.summary-title-link {
  font-size: 25px !important;
  color: #000000;
  letter-spacing: 2px;
  line-height: 1.8px;
}

// Summary Block Excerpt //

.summary-excerpt p {
  font-size: 14px !important;
  color: #000000;
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  line-height: 1.8px;
}
50 minutes ago, atfirstblink said:

There's a weird outline I see when I click on to enter the email add on the newsletter form

This "weird outline" is a "focus outline" and shouldn't be removed. It is an accessibility feature to improve site navigation for visitors with vision and movement disabilities. On forms, Squarespace add a contrasting black or white outline to the area of the page that has focus. 

Removing focus outlines can create issues for people navigating the web with a keyboard, and isn't recommended. In some territories, there are legal stipulations for accessibility so removing accessibility features may cause legal issues for the website owner.

If you do not like the default style that Squarespace applied (a thick white or black box) then you may want to consider styling the focus outline to match your design whilst retaining the high-contrast outline.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. To be honest I had never thought about this while designing a site as these are not mandatory stipulations in India, however this is definitely good to know and keep in mind and also educate my clients about. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will definitely be researching more about this. 

So just out of curiosity, a lot of people tend to customise the newsletter into a single line instead of a box, how would the focus lines work in that case? 

Another question, would you recommend incorporating focus lines on all the CTA buttons of a site ?

Thanks once again.