H4 not displaying correctly

Site URL: https://tracytredoux.com/code-test

Hi,

I'm trying to add H4 styling in a code block, at the top of the page but the font family (proxima nova) does not display correctly. When I add the text as a span style it displays fine but as H4 it is incorrect. I have also tried putting the code directly into custom CSS and the site-wide header inection code with the same result.

It would be great to know what I'm doing wrong here.

Many thanks!

<style>
   h4{
     font-size:1.2em; 
     color:#ffbfc2; 
     font-family:proxima nova ; 
     margin-bottom:-0.5em
  }

</style>

<h4>Pre-ovulation</h4>

<span style="font-family:proxima nova ; color:#ffbfc2; font-size:1.2em">Pre-ovulation</span>

42 minutes ago, meganheath said:

Hi @Phobic78

You need to adjust the font weight on your h4 heading

h4 {
    font-size: 1.2em;
    color: #ffbfc2;
    font-family: proxima nova;
    margin-bottom: -0.5em;
    font-weight: 300;
}

Hope that helps

Thanks @meganheath,

So you're saying that 'span style' reads a weight name, such as 'bold' or 'light', while a class definition needs it to be specified as 'font-weight'?

1 minute ago, Phobic78 said:

Thanks @meganheath,

So you're saying that 'span style' reads a weight name, such as 'bold' or 'light', while a class definition needs it to be specified as 'font-weight'?

You can use bold/light or a value.

This specific issue had to do with the fact that the h4 tag already had a font-weight:bold; set by Squarespace. So you needed to override this in your css. (see image below)

The span style is set by the inline css you've added to the tag. 

820050224_Screenshot2022-02-10at13_24_13.thumb.png.4db0321e34e049fdb5896a9d7335d3b2.png

29 minutes ago, meganheath said:

You can use bold/light or a value.

This specific issue had to do with the fact that the h4 tag already had a font-weight:bold; set by Squarespace. So you needed to override this in your css. (see image below)

The span style is set by the inline css you've added to the tag. 

820050224_Screenshot2022-02-10at13_24_13.thumb.png.4db0321e34e049fdb5896a9d7335d3b2.png

Ah yes, I understand it now and it's working for me. Thanks a lot!