Bulk editing product and variant pricing

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I have recently started moving over to Squarespace from Indiemade and bringing listings from commerce sites. I'm in love with all the functionality but I seem to have really hit a snag with bulk editing listings? Am I missing something?

My listings have several variations and I have nearly 200 hundred listings. I want to be able to quickly say, select a shop category and decrease pricing by a set amount but I can't seem to be able to do something like this? It wants me do every single variation and on every single listing manually.

Is the ONLY way of doing this via downloading a CSV of your inventory and bulk editing through Excel? Why is there no user friendly way of doing this?

I was also setting up a custom listing with lots of options. Now normally I would expect say option A means +£2 is added, option b means £10 is added, and it would automatically price this up. Instead, all I found was 192 variations needing me to manually work out and input a prices.

This is madness! Please say I'm missing something obvious?? I would really appreciate some help / insight!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I would like to know how to do this as well. I will be uploading over 2000 products onto my website when squarespace fix the current issues i have at the moment but as you can imagine manually updating over 2000 products is just not practical. Because squarespace do not offer a postcode restriction for the UK (I am in Northern Ireland and my prices vary between NI, Channel Islands and UK mainland) i am having to use product variant as a workaround. So what my plans are is to add a variant title named shipping region and then 2 options 1 for the UK mainland which keeps the product at standard price and then the other option for Northern Ireland and Channel Islands which adds the extra surcharge. I can see that you can add these options via the CSV but it does not allow you to create the 2 different pricing structures. Can we get a reply on this to advise if bulk editing 2 different pricing structures on the variants is possible. This will really be the icing on the cake for me in terms of whether i decide to ditch squarespace and go back to wordpress.

Thanks

Gary

• Solution
On 2/27/2022 at 12:16 PM, ITSupportBelfast said:

I can see that you can add these options via the CSV but it does not allow you to create the 2 different pricing structures.

If you’re on the Commerce Basic or Advanced plan, you can bulk edit products by importing an updated products .csv file that contains the updated information. There isn't a way to bulk edit in other ways within the UI or the App yet, but Squarespace know it is a pain point so they'll hopefully add a way to do this in the near future.

It is possible to create different prices for each variant. You do this by creating variant rows in the CSV with different prices in the Price column. I think it's fair to say that Squarespace has an unfamiliar (unhelpful?) way of managing variants in that you must create a variant "row" for each combination of options. For example, as you've probably found, instead of adding two sizes and two colours you must create four rows, one each for:

• Red & Small
  • Red & Large
  • Blue & Small
  • Blue & Large

For more information see Bulk edit products and Importing products from a .csv.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hey Paul,

Thank you for the reply. So what i see in the CSV file is option name and option value. So the way i understood it is in option name i would put in shipping region and then option value would be United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands however it does not stipulate you can put a price value in there. So in order for me to achieve what i am looking to do will i need to place 1 product onto the website, put in all the details required and then export that 1 product to see how it looks in the CSV file?

Thanks

Gary

50 minutes ago, ITSupportBelfast said:

you literally have to add the separate prices in the price column against each variant.

Yep, that's correct!

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

This has also caused me a great deal of headache setting up my site. Each of my products are offered in nearly 30 different sizes, 3 different color variants and two different types of gold and I have literally had to go in and edit each price individually. Is there seriously still no user friendly way of adding a price rule to a variant so that it automatically calculates as 20% more for that variant? 

I also am trying to set up the advanced fulfillment profile for shipping so that the carrier calculated shipping rates can be applied at checkout. I sell jewelry and for the most part, even with multiple items added, the box dimensions and weight remain relatively the same regardless of the item and I would like to be able to apply one set of weight and dimensions to apply to all products and variants; adding it one by one would take days and seems a bit ridiculous. Is there any way to apply this in bulk? 

If anyone has figured out how to streamline this process it would be a HUGE relief.