Formatting Gallery Block on 7.1 - how can I make a gallery block smaller on the page?

On 7.0 I could easily just hit the + sign on any page and add a gallery block, customize it how I wanted and simply add 2 spacers on either side to downsize it to my liking. I cannot seem to do that in 7.1 - when I hit the + on a page section there is no gallery option. And when I add a new gallery section from the "add section" menu, "gallery", the + doesn't show up and I cannot drag a spacer from another section to it. I can change the width, but that isn't enough for the look I want. 

Attached you can see the first image (larger thumbnails) is what I want the gallery block to look like on desktop view and the second is as small as I can make it with 7.1.

The reason I want to use the image block versus each image separately is to make these into two columns on mobile view instead of 1 single line.

Any advice? Is there something silly I am missing, or are we just unable to make gallery blocks smaller with spacing anymore?

Sorry my site isn't live yet so I cannot share the url- hope this makes sense.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 9.31.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 9.31.09 PM.png

17 minutes ago, Ciogi said:

On 7.0 I could easily just hit the + sign on any page and add a gallery block, customize it how I wanted and simply add 2 spacers on either side to downsize it to my liking. I cannot seem to do that in 7.1 - when I hit the + on a page section there is no gallery option. And when I add a new gallery section from the "add section" menu, "gallery", the + doesn't show up and I cannot drag a spacer from another section to it. I can change the width, but that isn't enough for the look I want. 

Attached you can see the first image (larger thumbnails) is what I want the gallery block to look like on desktop view and the second is as small as I can make it with 7.1.

The reason I want to use the image block versus each image separately is to make these into two columns on mobile view instead of 1 single line.

Any advice? Is there something silly I am missing, or are we just unable to make gallery blocks smaller with spacing anymore?

Sorry my site isn't live yet so I cannot share the url- hope this makes sense.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 9.31.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 9.31.09 PM.png

Can you share your site with the protected password so we can take a look?

Site-wide password reference: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815528-Site-wide-passwords

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...