Client portal where clients can upload and download files

Site URL: http://www.elenimeraki.com

Hello there,

I wondered if anyone can help with a recent client request I had. One of my clients has a law firm and wants a member area where her clients can create their own profile, upload important documents and download documents. This is all private documents that are shared 1:1 - so not with a membership or something.

Can someone please help ? 

Thanks so much !

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EleniM said:

One of my clients...wants a member area where her clients can create their own profile, upload important documents and download documents.

You cannot do this on Squarespace. You'll need to use a different platform where the documents can be shared.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

33 minutes ago, EleniM said:

Do you have any recommendation for a platform I can recommend to her?

It will depend on the territory and the requirements, but it sounds like they need a customer relationship management (CRM) solution where customers can log on individually to interact with the business. The exact solution will depend on the territory as there may be laws in some countries that define standards for online storage of legal and personal information.

CRM examples include generic solutions like Dubsado and law firm specific solutions like Clio.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.