Jump to content

Linking a porfolio thumbnail to a specific page multiple times throughout site

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://new.iamjamesmartin.com/

https://new.iamjamesmartin.com

I'd like to link the Thumbnails for "Stories Found" located under Design, Film & /4-collaborations to all share the exact same linked page. That way I can edit a singular page and when a user click on any three of those thumbnails it'd link to the content found at 4-collaborations/stories-found. 

When editing each thumbnail it allows for a custom click through link, but unfortunately each has a hard-coded start point. ie. /Design/ or /Film/ before the input field. 

https://new.iamjamesmartin.com/4-collaborations/stories-found

Edited by iamjamesmartin
adding tags
Link to comment
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/8/2022 at 10:26 PM, iamjamesmartin said:

Site URL: https://new.iamjamesmartin.com/

https://new.iamjamesmartin.com

I'd like to link the Thumbnails for "Stories Found" located under Design, Film & /4-collaborations to all share the exact same linked page. That way I can edit a singular page and when a user click on any three of those thumbnails it'd link to the content found at 4-collaborations/stories-found. 

When editing each thumbnail it allows for a custom click through link, but unfortunately each has a hard-coded start point. ie. /Design/ or /Film/ before the input field. 

https://new.iamjamesmartin.com/4-collaborations/stories-found

I can not find the Stories Found in the Design Page. Can you explain more detail and add some screenshot of your idea?

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
On 2/12/2022 at 10:02 AM, bangank36 said:

I can not find the Stories Found in the Design Page. Can you explain more detail and add some screenshot of your idea?

Ah, yes, I temporarily removed the project form the Design side, but ideally i'd like the STORIES FOUND project thumbnails under Design (i'd re-activate if this were possible), Film: https://iamjamesmartin.com/film and Collaborations: https://iamjamesmartin.com/4-collaborations to all link to the same destination page: https://iamjamesmartin.com/4-collaborations/stories-found. That way I can edit a single page but have all three of those thumbnails go to the same page, to make editing and content easier across the board. Of course I could just replicate it all three times, but was wondering if this is possible.

Edited by iamjamesmartin
Link to comment
On 2/14/2022 at 9:38 PM, iamjamesmartin said:

Ah, yes, I temporarily removed the project form the Design side, but ideally i'd like the STORIES FOUND project thumbnails under Design (i'd re-activate if this were possible), Film: https://iamjamesmartin.com/film and Collaborations: https://iamjamesmartin.com/4-collaborations to all link to the same destination page: https://iamjamesmartin.com/4-collaborations/stories-found. That way I can edit a single page but have all three of those thumbnails go to the same page, to make editing and content easier across the board. Of course I could just replicate it all three times, but was wondering if this is possible.

Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.