Product Review 'star' colour

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

This is an issue affecting a number of sites. Squarespace don't appear to have considered that sites may use a dark canvas. However, you can change the colour of the review stars by adding a few lines of CSS to Design > Custom CSS.

This example should make the stars magenta to match your social icons. Depending on the site version:

svg.star path {
  fill: #cb0fff!important;
}

or

svg.star {
  fill: #cb0fff!important;
}

Other examples are..

Almost white:

svg.star path {
  fill: #f8f6f6!important;
}

Gold:

svg.star path {
  fill: #ffd700!important;
}

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Squarespace changed classnames

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Nikitaly said:

Site URL: https://www.rebelrebel.co.uk/bouquets-online/bewitched-bothered-and-bewildered

Hi,

Unfortunately for us we have a dark background to our site. I've tried the following to change the colour of the review stars but its not working.  Please can you help?

.reviewStars .star {
  fill: #cb0fff;
}

Hi, try adding this to custom css (Design > Custom CSS) and let me know how it goes 🙂 

.pc0ePSvvq path {
  fill: #cb0fff;
}

Please give this a 👍 if it helps. Make sure to quote me or tag me in your reply, otherwise I won't be notified.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Nikitaly said:

The fix you offered above worked for abit but now is not. 

Please see the solution above. There have been a number of updates to the Product Reviews feature in recent months and these have caused changes to the structure of pages.

For future reference, if an answer contains a classname (something prefixed with a ".") that has an unreadable series of characters, for example .pc0ePSvvq then it is unlikely to work for very long. This is because these classnames are automatically generated and change whenever Squarespace teams make changes to a page.

I hope this helps.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, paul2009 said:

Please see the solution above. There have been a number of updates to the Product Reviews feature in recent months and these have caused changes to the structure of pages.

For future reference, if an answer contains a classname (something prefixed with a ".") that has an unreadable series of characters, for example .pc0ePSvvq then it is unlikely to work for very long. This is because these classnames are automatically generated and change whenever Squarespace teams make changes to a page.

I hope this helps.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Hi, tried this solution for my website, https://ogochu.com/ but it did not work. Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, Ogochu said:

tried this solution for my website...but it did not work.

Squarespace made some updates but I have now updated the answer.