Required data blank when connecting domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
On 2/7/2022 at 10:17 PM, Ming997 said:

I am trying to connect a domain, I own with 123-reg.co.uk

In your 123-reg DNS panel, delete the 'A' record for "35.227.197.36". 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Thank you very much Paul2009 that seems to have worked.

Additionally when I connect to my site it says it is insecure the SSL certificate status is still processing do you know if there is anything I can do to ensure it will work so people can access the site?

kind regards and many thanks,

Miles 

The site appears to be protected by a public password at the moment, but if visitors go to http://milesingram.co.uk (without the 's' in the prefix) they should connect without an error.

Once the certificate has finished processing, the https version should work too. There's nothing you can do to speed this up.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, PoeticDesigners said:

I cannot delete the A record that is being shown because I actually don't have that specific record.

I recommend you take another look at your Namecheap DNS records because I can still see the A record 162.255.119.187.

Can you explain why you have the unmasked redirect? I wouldn't expect to see that.

• 1 year later...

Hi Paul

I'm having the same problem as Ming 

I've deleted the record in 123 reg DNS management  but it still shows up on the SS  end. I appreciate I have to wait 72 hours for the transfer but dont want to wait only to find out that I missed something and have to correct it and wait again. Its also saying its not a secure connection even when I remove the https - any ideas?

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

image.thumb.png.ad9cd57ed44add3974baa59aba4e6fb6.pngOr do I just wait and see?

My URL is https://www.lasting-legacy.co.uk/

Many thanks in advance

Matt

49 minutes ago, LL_Matt said:

I've deleted the record in 123 reg DNS management  but it still shows up on the SS  end...do I just wait and see?

You can ignore the red A record as I can see it was deleted. Propagation can just take a little while but it should resolve itself soon. If everything isn't correct after 72 hours, that's the time to reach out to support.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rah2023 said:

Hi Paul,

Identical error.

You forgot to tell me your domain name 🙂

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, k10designer said:

I have an identical error on my client's website nhlifesciences.org.

See this thread - same issue 🙂

25 minutes ago, k10designer said:

I assume it will take time to adjust on the back end.

Yes. It will take time for the updates to DNS records to take effect across all servers on the internet. Changes don’t take effect instantaneously because nameservers store domain record information in their cache for a certain amount of time before refreshing. There’s no set amount of time for propagation, but it typically take a few hours (up to 72 hours on occasion).