Need something in between express checkout and having to find your cart

Site URL: https://www.koryrussellart.com

So I don't like the two options for checkout; one, it takes you directly to the checkout process as soon as you add something to your cart, the other, you have to search for your cart to check out.  I'm not sure that it's entirely intuitive if you don't know where to find the cart.  It's just different than most sites I'm used to using where you add something to your cart and it says "continue shopping" or "checkout."  Is there something better than the two options I have.

Also, I imported Etsy reviews and it took the cart away entirely.  I had to get rid of them for the cart to come back up.

Edited by kruss
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am brand new to SquareSpace (still in my free trial while I design it) but I was able to link the little shopping cart symbol up on the top right-hand corner of the page, which appears on each page.

Did you write to customer support about this, and if so, what did they say about the cart disappearing when you imported the reviews?  Did the cart disappear as in, people could not add items to a cart, or did an icon disappear?  

Hope you got it figured out!

Signed, 
Someone-who-is-waffling-between-importing-Etsy-listings-and-just-buiding-from-scratch
(AmyEclectic)

On 2/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, kruss said:

It's just different than most sites I'm used to using where you add something to your cart and it says "continue shopping" or "checkout."

Please see the following.

With my code you could redirect to a page with buttons on it that linked to the cart or the Product page.

Perhaps not a perfect solution but maybe workable.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...