How simple is it to make this form?

I am a total noob at doing anything coding but I want to create a form that goes through each step on what the client wants, to save on the back and forth emails. If anyone knows how simple something like this would be for a complete beginner like myself to create and what would be the best way of going about it I would be eternally grateful.

My thoughts were a form that initially asks what the client's needs are (web-streaming, recording as live, editing, etc...) Then following that giving them options on cameras, lenses, tripods, accessories. I would like the form to be able to auto-populate some sections such as if the end-user requested a multi-camera live stream the form would autocomplete to request a switcher and vision mixer which would be required to stream the event. However, I would also like the ability to only give them options dependent on their previous choices. For example, if the end-user chose to live stream an event depending on which camera was chosen the relevant lenses would populate the next dropdown.

On top of this, the form would keep a running total on each piece of equipment as well as payment for crew members. I also would like the form to be able to add the relevant crew members based on the equipment required. For example, if the end-user required three cameras for a live stream the form could automatically add camera operators for each camera, a vision mixer to operate the switcher required for a live stream.

An addition of recommendations would be useful as some users would need help on deciding what equipment would be best for their uses. Possibly having a dropdown after the service selection where the user could select their event type from a list (with the option of bypassing this if their event isn't under one of the titles on the list).

The final use of this form would be to create an invoice on my end which I could then forward to the client if I accept the job.

• Replies 1
  • Views 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, SamWaltonVideo said:

I am a total noob at doing anything coding but I want to create a form that goes through each step on what the client wants, to save on the back and forth emails. If anyone knows how simple something like this would be for a complete beginner like myself to create and what would be the best way of going about it I would be eternally grateful.

My thoughts were a form that initially asks what the client's needs are (web-streaming, recording as live, editing, etc...) Then following that giving them options on cameras, lenses, tripods, accessories. I would like the form to be able to auto-populate some sections such as if the end-user requested a multi-camera live stream the form would autocomplete to request a switcher and vision mixer which would be required to stream the event. However, I would also like the ability to only give them options dependent on their previous choices. For example, if the end-user chose to live stream an event depending on which camera was chosen the relevant lenses would populate the next dropdown.

On top of this, the form would keep a running total on each piece of equipment as well as payment for crew members. I also would like the form to be able to add the relevant crew members based on the equipment required. For example, if the end-user required three cameras for a live stream the form could automatically add camera operators for each camera, a vision mixer to operate the switcher required for a live stream.

An addition of recommendations would be useful as some users would need help on deciding what equipment would be best for their uses. Possibly having a dropdown after the service selection where the user could select their event type from a list (with the option of bypassing this if their event isn't under one of the titles on the list).

The final use of this form would be to create an invoice on my end which I could then forward to the client if I accept the job.

It could be better if you can show some screenshots to make your idea easier to understand

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!