Background Video Not Playing on Safari

Site URL: https://www.twinforkswindow.com

I can't figure out why my video isn't autoplaying on Safari. This is a new problem. When you used to go to my webpage the video would play automatically. Now you see a play button and nothing happens when you press it. This is only happening on Safari. On Google Chrome it works as intended and how it used to work on Safari. Something must've changed recently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same issue as Suzanne. Video background loops fine on Firefox and Chrome, but there's a hiccup between loops on Safari (section background colour shows between loops). Is there a workaround for Safari?

Edited by Lolo
missed a word
  • 2 months later...

I am trying to add a video onto my website in the image section where it has then video upload section.
I upload the video and when it plays through it flashes white for a second then it starts playing again on AUTO.

I don't want the black so I need a solution to stop that, how is that? 

Can someone please help me. 

attached reference 

Edited by AKABRANDDESIGN
  • AKABRANDDESIGN changed the title to Background Section as Video Flashing white then playing
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here www.penlight.ca on my welcome page

I have checked settings for Safari and autoplay is allowed and content blockers are off for my site.

Video plays on iPhone, Chrome, etc. but won't autoplay or even play when clicking the "play" button on Safari.

• 1 month later...