Squarespace and gmail account now not letting me send emails to enquiries - please help

• Replies 2
  • Views 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, char04 said:

The last few clients I have emailed have not received an email and it goes straight to their junk mail.

If emails you are manually sending from your gmail account are going straight to the recipients' spam folders then this is unlikely to be a Squarespace issue and therefore not something we can address here. It is likely that one of the following is wrong:

• Emails from your email address have been marked (by previous recipients).
  • The content of your emails is interpreted as "spammy" by spam filters. You can check the spammyness of your emails by sending a typical email to mail tester
  • Your email settings are incorrect, for example DKIM and SPF. These electronic signatures are used to help prevent spoofing, phishing or impersonation. When recipients receive your emails, their spam filters automatically poke your domain settings to see if those signatures are not forged.

For more information about this, see Google's support category: Help prevent spoofing, phishing, and spam.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, paul2009 said:

If emails you are manually sending from your gmail account are going straight to the recipients' spam folders then this is unlikely to be a Squarespace issue and therefore not something we can address here. It is likely that one of the following is wrong:

• Emails from your email address have been marked (by previous recipients).
  • The content of your emails is interpreted as "spammy" by spam filters. You can check the spammyness of your emails by sending a typical email to mail tester
  • Your email settings are incorrect, for example DKIM and SPF. These electronic signatures are used to help prevent spoofing, phishing or impersonation. When recipients receive your emails, their spam filters automatically poke your domain settings to see if those signatures are not forged.

For more information about this, see Google's support category: Help prevent spoofing, phishing, and spam.

Thanks for this, that's really helpful.