Quantity number box

Site URL: http://www.proseriesmeals.com

I have searched the forums and apparently haven't found the answer I am looking for. I am looking to adjust the quantity box where the amount is supposed to be and adjust it where when you click in the box, a dropdown of numbers 1-10 are available for the customer to click. This is for mobile use as when trying to put in a quantity on the item before adding to cart in a mobile setting, it tends to be complicated... whereas a dropdown would help this. I am assuming this will be a CSS coding.

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/29/2022 at 1:15 PM, Maldian said:

I am assuming this will be a CSS coding.

I don't have a solution but an observation. This will require more than CSS. If it can be done it will require JavaScript. Dropdown menus require HTML to represent the dropdown menu in the browser interface and SS doesn't provide any such HTML for the quantity input. Also there will be the challenge of masking the quantity input field and then taking the selection from the dropdown menu and putting it into the quantity field. The fact that SS didn't design the quantity field to understand a dropdown menu in that context is the challenge here. Also there is the limitation of dropdown menu for a quantity field. What if you decide that the dd will have 1 - 10 but I want to buy 1000? How do I get there? I suggest that a dropdown is a poor choice for the quantity field. I'm thinking it might be better to try and enhance the quantity input field. I don't know what that enhancement would be as I don't understand the specific usability concern here. Some possible enhancements might be bigger arrows? Adding some big plus and minus buttons? As I say I don't have any code for any of these ideas.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.