Cannot select variants for limited availability products

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello. the same thing happens on our site.. When (1 ) item with one size and one colour is available the Size drop down menu and colour drop down disappears. The add to cart button shows. Does the above CSS apply here if  the 'quantity' is replaced with 'size' and 'color' ? 

.ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input {
  display: none;
}

Hello... when setting to 'limited availability' the Size variant drop down and color variant drop down does not show up for apparel. So the consumer doesn't know what is available .. Is there a CSS to be added here so that those 2 variants show and are not hidden when inventory at 1 ?

14 hours ago, maxi said:

Hello. the same thing happens on our site.. When (1 ) item with one size and one colour is available the Size drop down menu and colour drop down disappears. The add to cart button shows. Does the above CSS apply here if  the 'quantity' is replaced with 'size' and 'color' ? 

.ProductItem-details .product-quantity-input {
  display: none;
}

Can you share link to a product? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

17 hours ago, maxi said:

When setting to 'limited availability' the Size variant drop down and color variant drop down does not show up for apparel.

Assuming you are talking about https://maxishop.ca, I don't see this issue. For example, here's a screenshot showing a limited availability product where the color and size are visible:

686049727_Screenshot2022-01-27at11_17_33.thumb.png.a62f7008e181435ed96cb1970e1fda85.png

If you haven't resolved this, can you tell us more - and include a screenshot of the issue.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

HI Paul.. 

The boucle jacket has (2) size variants that's why the drop down menus are showing up even though only (1) size is avaiable and other showing Out of stock . As for another product, see below, that only has (1) variant --the size and colour drop downs are hidden. Is there CSS to have drop down size and colour variants show when only (1) on hand for sale?

1244116147_Onevariantnowdropdown.thumb.jpg.a0c05defe45de90c72e013feb396b86c.jpg

• Solution
1 hour ago, maxi said:

This dress only (1 ) on hand - one size. one colour. no drop down size or colour show up on front end .

You are not seeing a size or colour option because this product doesn't have any variant options configured. If there are no variant options (for example a colour or a size), the variant dropdowns do not appear.

As an example, to show a size dropdown, you need to add at least two sizes, even if one of them has no stock, like in this case:

280275605_Screenshot2022-01-28at22_06_28.thumb.png.5c207a30b3b7f830043e8ed5a66f8ded.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.