Dreamhost DNS Settings

Help! My client had a WIX site before Squarespace. The domain won't connect and I'm assuming there are extra settings in here I need to delete but I don't know which one's. Are the MX ones from Wix or is that from her mail? I don't want to mess up her mail.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 11.17.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 11.17.36 AM.png

At a quick glance it looks like you have the 4 A records and 1 CNAME record in there needed to point web traffic to Squarespace, and I don't see any other records in there that would interfere with that. How long have you waited after changing the records for the verification process? It can take around 24 hours (and technically up to 72) for the records to propogate.

Definitely don't touch the MX records - those are what point traffic to your client's mail servers!

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services

21 hours ago, smarta said:

My client had a WIX site before Squarespace. The domain won't connect

As Ed mentions, unless you've tweaked the DNS settings, it can take some time for the settings to propagate and for your cache to expire. However, it looks like the Squarespace site is now live.

Also, you may appreciate a heads up about some layout issues on mobile.

1285847778_Screenshot2022-01-29at14_46_49.thumb.png.7e25aa6f9265a2397fc5db360a6f6429.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.