How have you used Squarespace Scheduling?

Squarespace Scheduling lets your clients book appointments or classes using the scheduling block or through a separate scheduling page on your site. Scheduling is a versatile tool if your business is appointment based (like a nail salon, tutoring, or fitness class), as it gives more autonomy to your clients when it comes to setting appointments with you, deciding which service to purchase, or seeing if their favorite professional is available.

How have you used Scheduling? Are you using it in a non-traditional way? We’d love to hear your stories! Let us know in the comments! 

If you are interested in learning more about Scheduling, register for a free Squarespace Scheduling 101 webinar or watch it on demand.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving it! Been using it for years to book clients for my lash salon but now that I have so many bookings I want to know if its possible to change the email address used when I reschedule and book clients as it is my personal email and it shows up on their confirmation email and I don't want them to have that!!

• 1 month later...

I recently switched from MassageBookto Acuity because it gets talked up as being a great price point and "so easy". It is easy, at it's most basic, but if you have a question this way of getting information sucks. Period. 

I have spent the past week just trying to make my memberships work. Super simple. Members purchase the ability to get billed monthly for the number of sessions each month. On Massagebook, the membership had a built in override (card on file) so they could book several months out on the calendar. I want my members to have this privilege as that is the whole point. Non members have to prepay - so does this mean membership in Acuity is really only about being able to have recurring billing? I have two locations served by two calendars, bu members can book at either place. 

I have sen three different emails, with replies from Squarespace regurgitating what is in the steps online. I have tried all of them, and now my original codes aren't working and my members can't book at all. I am literally in the middle of my business day of bodywork trying to fix this for my regular members.

How can I create a membership that bills monthly but can be booked out further than the month paid as recurring? How step by sstep can this happen, be fixed??

Also, is there an email where I can complain about Acuity experts?? I was referred to one listed with Acuity. She charged me $1000 and falsley stated she would do a complete set up but instead dragged out the help just like the Acuity support staff.

I regret this move and am seriously considering going elsewhere but that would really be a drag after all of this time and money for false hype about this product.

I use it for everything since it integrates so well with Apple Calendar. I'm married to a SWAT officer whose schedule changes all the time so I have his calendar synced since I normally don't take appointments when he's got something going on, just in case (we're working on one car at the moment due to his truck being a massive gas expense). I also have a son still at home so his calendar is synced and then all mine are as well. I love the face that I can use it for the business and for personal. If I have someone that wants to meet for coffee I send them the secret personal scheduling link and we no longer have to play the 'when works for you' game.

• 5 months later...

We use it for an indoor training facility - lessons, camps, clinics, tunnel rentals. Baseball/Softball. There are 4 tunnels and one person for lessons - so...resources. Plus 3 pitching machines, 2 for baseball and 1 for softball - 3 more resources.

Using 3 calendars of the six currently - only one location but different settings for each calendar. For e.g., besides our general booking page, we have one that is specifically to book teams for winter training - had to split weekends and weekdays into two - they can book all 4 tunnels on weekends but in the week restricted to two.

Another is only displayed at the facility on a tablet in kiosk mode - with 0 hours in advance set to allow walk-ins to sign in for rentals, but also allow regulars to schedule their next appointment before they leave if they wish to utilize it.

Edited because made some changes under the hood, and decreased the number of calendars being used. 

• Duplicated appointment types - that was a pain in the....😠WHY can't we select a calendar for New Orders of Gift Certificates/Packages (we can for appointments!!!). I emailed support asking about this.

• The duplicated appointment types are good for the kiosk display - so no one can schedule with zero time buffer from outside of the facility).

• I duplicated everything because I don't want people to have a choice of what calendars to use. I realized that when I process a new order for gift certificates/packages, and the person uses the links in the email - they would get to select which calendar to schedule from - NOPE!!!
      • Kiosk has a zero minutes beforehand to schedule, so if it's 12:45PM, can schedule at 1:00PM - not what we want. General booking page allows clients to book up to an hour prior).

• That brings me to another peeve - why is it that there is only one email template for packages/certificates? And why can't we edit the links - you can only see them in the preview - the HTML doesn't even show the link so we could at least edit it there???

• I created new appointment types with the discount for the trainers, made them private - we have, and will always have only a handful of members - not paid memberships, no signups, we put them in. I found membershipworks - free forever up to 50 members. Integrates seamlessly with the site. Perfect for our use - no more password protected page. 
      • Created sign in page, page with the trainer's scheduling calendar, and a sign out page. 
Edited by Ali-cat
further updates
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 1:57 AM, Ali-cat said:

We use it for an indoor training facility - lessons, camps, clinics, tunnel rentals. Baseball/Softball. There are 4 tunnels and one person for lessons - so...resources. Plus 3 pitching machines, 2 for baseball and 1 for softball - 3 more resources.

Using 3 calendars of the six currently - only one location but different settings for each calendar. For e.g., besides our general booking page, we have one that is specifically to book teams for winter training - had to split weekends and weekdays into two - they can book all 4 tunnels on weekends but in the week restricted to two.

Another is only displayed at the facility on a tablet in kiosk mode - with 0 hours in advance set to allow walk-ins to sign in for rentals, but also allow regulars to schedule their next appointment before they leave if they wish to utilize it.

Edited because made some changes under the hood, and decreased the number of calendars being used. 

• Duplicated appointment types - that was a pain in the....😠WHY can't we select a calendar for New Orders of Gift Certificates/Packages (we can for appointments!!!). I emailed support asking about this.

• The duplicated appointment types are good for the kiosk display - so no one can schedule with zero time buffer from outside of the facility).

• I duplicated everything because I don't want people to have a choice of what calendars to use. I realized that when I process a new order for gift certificates/packages, and the person uses the links in the email - they would get to select which calendar to schedule from - NOPE!!!
      • Kiosk has a zero minutes beforehand to schedule, so if it's 12:45PM, can schedule at 1:00PM - not what we want. General booking page allows clients to book up to an hour prior).

• That brings me to another peeve - why is it that there is only one email template for packages/certificates? And why can't we edit the links - you can only see them in the preview - the HTML doesn't even show the link so we could at least edit it there???

• I created new appointment types with the discount for the trainers, made them private - we have, and will always have only a handful of members - not paid memberships, no signups, we put them in. I found membershipworks - free forever up to 50 members. Integrates seamlessly with the site. Perfect for our use - no more password protected page. 
      • Created sign in page, page with the trainer's scheduling calendar, and a sign out page. 

I had to up my calendars back to 5 again. Things were wonky for some appointment types not showing the correct availability when they were on our general booking calendar. 

Now trainers are on their own calendar again. AND lessons and lesson packages - since we now want them to start on the hour instead of every 30 minutes - it just wasn't showing correctly even with setting them up as a different group of appointments. For some reason, when it should have had availability, it was showing as not available. Very strange. I cannot think of any reason why that was displaying incorrectly.

Had a great back and forth with support over email - I really hope the developers listen and implement some things sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...

I have been using Squarespace Scheduling to manage a few client's calendar that offer photo studio services. It has been running perfectly compared to other type of system. My only wish is if Squarespace Scheduling can offer admins a way to setup a setting where clients must always have at least 1 active credit card in file so they cannot remove it after booking a session.

Reason for this is because, abusive clients would book and remove their credit card to go overtime/damage products and we would have no way of charging them for it.

Other than that, Squarespace Scheduling has been amazing! 

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic