Injecting Javascript in body, widget disappearing

Site URL: http://www.villageofcapitan.org

Hello!

I am having an issue with a disappearing Javascript widget. I've followed the company's  instructions on  where to  inject the code  and place the widget, etc. It does load and appear when you first visit the homepage, but if you go to another page, then return to the  homepage, the widget is gone or isn't loading.

I tend to avoid Javascript widgets so I am not very knowledgeable about what may be going on.

I placed the <div> code where  I wanted the widget to appear, then injected a Javascript code (that must be before the </body> tag) into the footer area.

Does this have something to do with the Ajax being enabled?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by melbeedesignstudio
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, melbeedesignstudio said:

I am having an issue with a disappearing Javascript widget. I've followed the company's  instructions on  where to  inject the code  and place the widget, etc. It does load and appear when you first visit the homepage, but if you go to another page, then return to the  homepage, the widget is gone or isn't loading.

As this 'widget' hasn't been written specifically for Squarespace, you'll need to disable Ajax Page Loading. You'll find the setting within Design > Site Styles.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.