Aligning other elements with the nav menu

Site URL: https://gar-lizard-ye86.squarespace.com/

Hi everyone - I'm about to pull my hair out on this one so help would be so appreciated 🙂

I've created a button and phone number underneath the site header by creating a new section under the header. On every page. A pain, but that part is done. 

I'd like that button to align right with my right-aligned menu, but the navigation area is full width while the section holding the button is as wide as can be, but that is not as wide as the header. This means that on wider screens, button will not line up with the nav menu. Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

I've attached an image of the state everything is in now. The phone number and button are in their own div with an ID I can fully control - if I only knew how to style it's position properly!

It would be nice if we could make sections the same width as the wider version of the header (not inset) but even a "wide" section is not that wide.

Any wisdom is appreciated - thank you!!

1864784783_ScreenShot2022-01-21at12_55_39PM.thumb.png.9eb46361afe0a114baafe236fe04c95c.png

On 1/22/2022 at 3:02 AM, davevonbieker said:

Site URL: https://gar-lizard-ye86.squarespace.com/

Hi everyone - I'm about to pull my hair out on this one so help would be so appreciated 🙂

I've created a button and phone number underneath the site header by creating a new section under the header. On every page. A pain, but that part is done. 

I'd like that button to align right with my right-aligned menu, but the navigation area is full width while the section holding the button is as wide as can be, but that is not as wide as the header. This means that on wider screens, button will not line up with the nav menu. Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

I've attached an image of the state everything is in now. The phone number and button are in their own div with an ID I can fully control - if I only knew how to style it's position properly!

It would be nice if we could make sections the same width as the wider version of the header (not inset) but even a "wide" section is not that wide.

Any wisdom is appreciated - thank you!!

1864784783_ScreenShot2022-01-21at12_55_39PM.thumb.png.9eb46361afe0a114baafe236fe04c95c.png

I think you can can add a button block in the footer. After that, we can use some js code to move it to the header navigator

In addition to that, kind share the protected password so we can take a look at it

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, dv_louise_designs said:

I have a similar issue; can you help me with code to move the navigation button and the social links to the sides of the rest of the navigation links? See wireframe mockup:503579870_ScreenShot2022-03-20at11_22_56PM.thumb.png.0c206d572ced078ac6eafe52f9ef4a4a.png

Site: https://magnolia-sawfish-bdxx.squarespace.com/

Password: demo

Hi. I don't see Cart icon on your site. Can you enable it first? Or you don't want cart icon appear on nav

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 3/27/2022 at 10:00 AM, dv_louise_designs said:

@tuanphan so cart icon is a separate issue that I'm still trying to fix - it's through ECWID. See my other post here asking about that (which you also helped me with!): 

Hi. What is your problem?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)