Anchor links from a normal page to a specific product in commerce

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://devon-glass-art.squarespace.com

Password: glassmaker

Hi guys, I have a client who wants me to create a link from a normal web page directly to a specific product in commerce. 

I have tried all sorts of ways to achieve this but it seems the link will only go to the product home thus creating a second click through to the actual product to purchase.

For instance if you start at https://devon-glass-art.squarespace.com/workshops
This page is created using the new list layout - in the Taster Session when you hit Book a Taster button we want the link to take us through to the actual product in the shop, not to the intro. Is there a way to bypass the Workshops commerce home page?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any help - I feel I may be missing something really simple!

Edited by rosieames
  • Solution
5 minutes ago, rosieames said:

when you hit Book a Taster button we want the link to take us through to the actual product in the shop, not to the intro.

You should be able to manually add this product link:

/book-a-workshop/p/taster-session

You can find it by navigating manually to the page and copying it from the browser address bar (without the initial part).

temp-saved-url.thumb.jpg.e51b229695a41d892c9324363fb2f0f3.jpg

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.