Customise Additional Info on Products Pages

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://jordancs.ie

Hi Everyone,

We're having a problem with the additional info section for product pages. We can't add links or edit H1, H2, etc. Completely missing the text block editor (image below) we have on other pages. Are we missing something, anyone else having the same issue? Has there been an update that removed this?... Any insights welcome! Thanks.

image.thumb.png.c64476c349ca3865c0f7e9831af140ac.png

• Solution
18 minutes ago, Pabsr said:

We're having a problem with the additional info section for product pages. We can't add links or edit H1, H2, etc. Completely missing the text block editor

Yes, this has been an ongoing "technical issue" since 23rd November 2021 and it's very frustrating. Squarespace are aware.

As a temporary workaround, you may want to add a Text Block to a regular blank page and then use this to draft and format your text. You should then be able to copy/paste the formatted text into the Additional Info section. 

Squarespace don't do a great job of communicating technical issues like this, so I've created a page where Circle members can crowdsource known issues: Tracking unannounced Squarespace changes and Squarespace bugs.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.