Contact form email has stopped working

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help, my client has had his Squarespace site for nearly five years now and all of a sudden the email on the contact form has stopped receiving emails. I have tried deleting the whole page and starting it again, I have tried moving the contact form but still there are no email enquiries. 

Heres the link, https://www.newquaywoodburners.co.uk/contact

Any help would be appreciated.

• Solution
13 minutes ago, Melonmade said:

all of a sudden the email on the contact form has stopped receiving emails.

Sometimes form submissions can filter into a spam or junk folder instead of the inbox. Has your client checked these folders? If this is the issue, they may want to add form-submission@squarespace.info to a rule or filter to accept all emails from this email address.

If this isn't the issue, try changing the email address in the form's storage options to your own email address to see if you receive them. This could help to eliminate Squarespace as the cause of the issue. If you do not receive them either, I recommend that you contact Squarespace directly. The forum community would love to help but we are unable to resolve technical issues. 🙂

Did this help you today? Please provide feedback by clicking a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...

@paul2009 Thank you for the insight. I tried changing the email to my personal email and it works. But when i switch it back to my email from my domain ( google workspace ) i stopped receiving it again. I checked spam and all folders but could not find the emails anywhere. I also sent a test email from my personal to my domain email and i received it.

Would you know what the issue might be? Maybe i need to add a preset in the DNS settings for google workspace domain email?

2 hours ago, SharathAnthur said:

I tried changing the email to my personal email and it works. But when i switch it back to my email from my domain ( google workspace ) i stopped receiving it again.

This proves that it isn't an issue with the form - it is an issue with your Google Workspace email, so you'll need to troubleshoot that.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I would love to know if the original poster @Melonmade found a solution to this issue? Same problem here, and I think it is related to Google Workspace.

I am not getting emails or notifications of my forms being filled out. It's a nightmare and I have no clue how to resolve it (since the data isn't being updated in the spreadsheet connected either!!) The entered info in these forms is lost in the wind, not good since I do have backups in place.

I'm going to connect to Zapier as a workaround for the moment. Not sure what else to do.

• 5 months later...

I have this problem too-  my google workspace administrator account password has been reset and I can log in to the mailbox with a browser..  I have entered the google CNAME record into the Squarespace DNS settings for my domain. But the Contact Me email is not getting delivered to my inbox. I switched the Contact form email to my personal email account and it works- I get the contact message from the web page Submit button. Holy cow what a nightmare.