Keyword Filtering of Images in Gallery Blocks?

Site URL: https://www.adrianvieni.com/photo

I'm looking for some insight into custom CSS to help organize my image gallery blocks on the photography page of my website.  The site is built on the Hawley template in squarespace 7.1.

Is it at all possible to create keyword filters that can help people sort through images in a gallery block, instead of me manually sorting the images into separate gallery blocks or individual pages?

For example, since you can add a title or description to each image in a gallery block, could I possibly add keywords to each image upon upload (eg. Portrait, Travel, etc) and create a simple menu or nav on the page above the gallery block that lets people select one, and auto filter to show them only those images tagged with those keywords?

I feel like the simple solution would be to create a different gallery block or carousel for each genre of work, or to create a dropdown under the Photo tab in the nav, nest various galleries in there, and manually separate these things. However, I think it would be a very intuitive feature to be able to sort, based on keyword tags, in one gallery, similar to how you can filter by brand on most web stores. 

Thanks!

Edited by AdrianJV
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/27/2023 at 4:13 PM, a_pequena_tulipa said:

Having the same issue. Have you found any solution yet, @tuanphan and @AdrianJV?

There's a paid plugin: https://www.squarewebsites.org/squarespace-plugins/universal-filter?peachs_apc=paul-m but I've read bad and also good reviews about it.
Is there any workaround, without using this plugin?

I used it for many sites. I rate the plugin as great. Maybe the bad review comes from the quality of support, because their team is in Ukraine, so a while before the support time was delayed quite a long time.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)