feature products on more than one page

Site URL: https://blaanks.com/shop-retail

I have a client who currently has a few different shop pages, and we want to add a "shop all" page.

This would require featuring a product on more than one shop page.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Best,
Kaila

Kaila S
Shopify Partner, Squarespace Circle Member & MailChimp Expert

yumari digital
websites · email campaigns · ads · social media · graphic design

• Replies 5
  • Views 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, ksachse said:

I have a client who currently has a few different shop pages, and we want to add a "shop all" page.

This can be a challenge on Squarespace 7.0 where you are limited to 200 products per page. 

If you have less than 200 products in total, you'll be able to combine the product pages into one (by moving the products between pages). If you cannot do this (because you have more than 200 products) then you'll need lots of additional code to merge the content so all the products on the different pages can be shown together with one Summary Block.

Of course, Squarespace 7.1 supports 10,000 products but that's probably not that helpful. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:54 PM, paul2009 said:

This can be a challenge on Squarespace 7.0 where you are limited to 200 products per page. 

If you have less than 200 products in total, you'll be able to combine the product pages into one (by moving the products between pages). If you cannot do this (because you have more than 200 products) then you'll need lots of additional code to merge the content so all the products on the different pages can be shown together with one Summary Block.

Of course, Squarespace 7.1 supports 10,000 products but that's probably not that helpful. 🙂

Hey Paul, 

Still good to know, thank you!

Do you know if there's a way to feature the same product on two different Shop pages?

I want to keep the pages by category (like this pillow page, for example) and also have the products on a main "shop all" page (show pillow products and blanket products on one page.)

Best,
Kaila

Kaila S

yumari digital

1 hour ago, ksachse said:

I want to keep the pages by category and also have the products on a main "shop all" page

It isn't possible to combine products on a 'Shop All' page unless you place the products on that single page (or use lots of code). Also, you cannot add the same product to several different pages, at least not if you want to manage inventory!

However, it seems relatively easy to achieve what you want as there are fewer than 200 products. If you move all the products from the separate Shop pages to a single Shop All page you'll achieve your second goal.

You can then add a category to each product, for example indoor and outdoor pillows. To categorise a product, edit the product and look for the Organization section where you can create a new category.

edit-product-organization.thumb.png.f50bfbc58d5e70531c35fcf15b2fc8b5.png

Once some of the products have categories, you'll be able to add edit the links on the home page so that they go directly to the categories. This will allow you to retain the category pages that you had originally.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear.

There's also a guide called Organizing products that you may find helpful.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, paul2009 said:

It isn't possible to combine products on a 'Shop All' page unless you place the products on that single page (or use lots of code). Also, you cannot add the same product to several different pages, at least not if you want to manage inventory!

However, it seems relatively easy to achieve what you want as there are fewer than 200 products. If you move all the products from the separate Shop pages to a single Shop All page you'll achieve your second goal.

You can then add a category to each product, for example indoor and outdoor pillows. To categorise a product, edit the product and look for the Organization section where you can create a new category.

edit-product-organization.thumb.png.f50bfbc58d5e70531c35fcf15b2fc8b5.png

Once some of the products have categories, you'll be able to add edit the links on the home page so that they go directly to the categories. This will allow you to retain the category pages that you had originally.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear.

There's also a guide called Organizing products that you may find helpful.

Thank you! Looking at the link options, none seem to point to product categories.

I'm seeing Page, Web Address, File, Email and Phone. Which would you use?

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.06.36 PM.png

Kaila S

yumari digital

7 hours ago, ksachse said:

I'm seeing Page, Web Address, File, Email and Phone. Which would you use?

Use Page.

When you add the URL of your  Store  page an additional dropdown titled CATEGORIES will appear, allowing you to select the required product category. Note that this will only appear if you've created categories in the Store page.

When you save this, the category link will be created, for example "/store?category=Dresses".

add-link-with-category.gif.d17a79d614026927b31c8947604a55c1.gif

We like to know if our posts help. Please consider clicking a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️