how to design the header button to work as a donation button?

Site URL: http://www.FamiliesEmbracingGraceAndLove.com

need help transforming the button in the header to become a donation button that goes to a donation form.

also need help creating the donation form and linking it to apple pay and adding  a notification for people to fill out a contact form or just  a statement to call if don't have apple pay and want to make a donation.

Edited by question4u
  • 5 months later...

@tuanphan I'm piggybacking off of this question - I would love to know if there's a way to make the button on the header a donate button that will open a lightbox. Having a separate page or scrolling link to another donate button would be a little confusing/indirect.

Page: https://wildbear.org >> The current donate button takes the user to a third party platform currently, but we'd like a donation option using the Squarespace commerce functionality.

15 hours ago, jennifermorgancreative said:

@tuanphan I'm piggybacking off of this question - I would love to know if there's a way to make the button on the header a donate button that will open a lightbox. Having a separate page or scrolling link to another donate button would be a little confusing/indirect.

Page: https://wildbear.org >> The current donate button takes the user to a third party platform currently, but we'd like a donation option using the Squarespace commerce functionality.

Do you have third platform embed code? We can test it easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...

I'm curious about this as well...it seems like ideally there should be an option to toggle 'donation' on under 'elements' when editing the header.

For now, I copy and pasted the form address (url) to the button currently embedded in the design and made the button say 'donate.' Not ideal but it works until this has a fix!

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 2:04 PM, ERD said:

@tuanphan Can you help me link the "donate" button on the header to the actual "donate" form?

see www.hendersonheartfoundation.org - HHF

Click Donate Button >> Open Donation page in popup or?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...

+1 for this thread... seems redundant / confusing -> a 'donate button' in the header...leads you to a donate page, where you have *another* donate button...which then leads you to the donate form.

the question everyone above is asking... can the donate button in the header, serve the same function as a donate button that leads to the donation form. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a great question, it seems to me the template designers don't know how to do anything but a banner that says "Learn More", which is really not good design. Even the new "Blueprint" doesn't let me add a donate block to the banner. Would like squarespace to get a little more up to date please on good web design.