Uploading Photos from a Members only page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2022 at 5:51 PM, jduerst said:

Looking for code to allow members to upload and submit their photos from a members only page

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want members to upload to a members area page or download from one? Only contributors that have been added via the Permissions panel can upload content directly to Squarespace pages. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:20 PM, jduerst said:

Upload a photo to a members only area.

I’m still not sure that I fully understand what you need to achieve. Can you explain in a little more detail?

If you want members to upload image content directly to a Member Area page - for example adding a headshot to their profile page - then this isn’t possible on Squarespace, even with code.

If you are asking about how to add an image upload form to a Member Area page so that members can submit images to the site owner, for the site owner to then receive and manually process, this is possible using code and a number of third party services like Dropbox, Google Drive and others. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, jduerst said:

Could this be done by allowing a member to drag their photos into a Squarespace page which would them be uploaded into the website?

There isn’t a way to allow Members to add content to a Squarespace website - by any method. Only contributors can add content.

I should have been clearer.  Can a drag and drop feature (to allow a member of a photography club to upload their photos into the club's website) be created using code only and not a third party like Dropbox, etc. ?   Thank you for responding to my inquiries.

• Solution
39 minutes ago, jduerst said:

Can a drag and drop feature (to allow a member of a photography club to upload their photos into the club's website) be created using code only and not a third party like Dropbox, etc. ?

No. Images must be uploaded to a third party platform.

Options for upload include Dropbox, Google Drive and the Squarewebsites Uploader.