I don't know what do with my order page?

• Replies 5
  • Views 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Without more details it is hard to know exactly what you need.

There might be several ways to go.

You can add custom forms to products to gather more information about that product item.

You can use product variants but that may not work depending on the complexity of the extra information you are trying to gather or if the extras cost money.

There is another way you might go about building up an order. Take a look at Lovely Little Weddings - Elopement. The member created a step by step choose various products (some optional) to make up the whole order. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. There is some manual overhead to this last method as SS doesn't support grouping of items.

Do you think one of these methods would work for you?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi, so what i want, is a pop-up when you press "Buy It" button that pop up will have a drop list of extras and a comment box which will tell us what the design of the cakes will look like. whens thats done the final price will be added in the cart. 

I hope that makes more sense

On 1/12/2022 at 9:30 PM, creedon said:

Without more details it is hard to know exactly what you need.

There might be several ways to go.

You can add custom forms to products to gather more information about that product item.

You can use product variants but that may not work depending on the complexity of the extra information you are trying to gather or if the extras cost money.

There is another way you might go about building up an order. Take a look at Lovely Little Weddings - Elopement. The member created a step by step choose various products (some optional) to make up the whole order. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. There is some manual overhead to this last method as SS doesn't support grouping of items.

Do you think one of these methods would work for you?

Could you give me more information on how to do the step by step various products like the Lovely Little Weddings?  Would this work on a single product listing that you click on from a product page?  We we need to create an earring listing with various charm add ons, that each come in different colors.  This seems to be the best option I've found.  

14 minutes ago, AllAroundCo said:

We we need to create an earring listing with various charm add ons, that each come in different colors.

Folks in general I think your first stop should always be to try and use the product variants. But there are some cases where the variants option doesn't work out. Custom product forms are also a way to gather information but are fairly limited in their design and can not change the price of a product or order.

Would this work on a single product listing that you click on from a product page?

What the member did on their LLW site is not using product pages in their usual way. The product pages, the stores, are hidden.

Could you give me more information on how to do the step by step various products like the Lovely Little Weddings?

I can give you an overview. The member used plain pages and added products blocks to gather the information to build up an order. The last product block on a page is simply a product with nothing but a custom form to gather intake information. That information then rides along with the order.

Keep in mind that SS doesn't understand this grouping of products as a logical entity. So there is a certain amount of manual overhead to this method. Basically you need to ride herd on the orders to make sure the site visitor selected all the options they need to.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.