How to engage your audience

Real community engagement is a long term game, according to the writers at The Social Shakeup. This especially true of social media, as holding the attention of your audience and having them contribute positively to your community takes time, effort, and showing up with interesting and useful content daily. Clicks and shares are important, but more and more social media algorithms are prioritizing interactions and saved posts in order to surface the most relevant content for audiences. So, how can you engage your community and promote your brand at the same time? Here are some tips from The Social Shakeup:

• Get to know your community and interact with them on their preferred platforms
  • Ask questions and ask for feedback
  • Promote user generated content 
  • Host contests
  • Connect with them emotionally 
  • Tailor your content to your audience’s interests 

How do you engage with your community? We’d love to hear your stories! Share them in the comments. 

It is a lot of effort, but I do think one of the best things you can do is offer something of value. That may come in the form of tutorials, discounts, free trials, information, engaging content, etc).

It is important to establish what your audience finds valuable, and when (do they need a free trial to consider purchasing your product, or a discount to encourage them to buy from you again. 

Different people are likely at different stages of the buyers journey and have different interests - so digging into web analytics, social comments, sending out surveys, or doing some of your own experimentation can help you determine what kinds of offers / content to offer your audience at different stages of the buyers journey. 

Edited by Tiny_Coast
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In my opinion, good backlinks can engage your audience. Not only because they cause a higher ranking on Google, but also because good backlinks with a good and informative content can convince the reader to go directly to the website from your comment and tell other people he knows, who need this kind of information/service too.

regards,

Jürgen

• 4 weeks later...

I always coach my clients to engage mindfully with their audience. I also suggest they maintain their high-value content on their website and use social media for promotional content only. Use a call to action to drive your audience to your website, and ask them to sign up for email newsletters.

It's a slower build, but the emails you own is the audience you have direct contact with. Social media is more of a bullhorn than it is a way to consistently connect with your audience.

• 5 months later...

On 11/17/2022 at 3:42 PM, BihanBro said:

Yet, honesty and dedication are values that your audience is sure to notice before long,

Honesty and dedication, love how you put it and I agree with you.

Also, there are really no "shortcuts" for many of the necessary steps to be taken in the world of digital marketing, not if you want to do things the best possible way in the long run. It takes time and patience.

And I just want to mention this tip one more time - promote user-generated content. It can be that one thing that makes a difference.