How to stop words from wrapping/breaking to next line on smaller screen size?

Site URL: https://www.thedrop.ca/doterra-healthy-essentials

Hi there, I'm having an issue with words splitting up and wrapping to the next line when I narrow the width of the window I'm using (both chrome and safari). This seems to be a site-wide issue, so I can't use the codes provided in similar threads that use block IDs. It seems to be when I have multiple columns of text. It's fine on mobile view since it stacks the columns instead of having them side by side, but once my desktop browser gets to about 836px in width, it breaks up  the word and doesn't even add a hyphen. If you narrow the window more it eventually switches to stacking the columns on top of one another like in the mobile view, but there's a really awkward period between full screen and mobile size where it splits the words. It also happens on ipad. Mobile view is fine. 

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 5.13.38 PM.png

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, thedropca said:

@tuanphan Thanks! That worked for that particular page. Is there a way to do it so it's site-wide? I have a bunch of pages this happens on and the list will only get longer as I grow my store. Or do I have to just repeat the same code with the different blockID for each page?

Not sure. Can you share link link to some pages where you have problem? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, thedropca said:

@tuanphan Thanks! That worked for that particular page. Is there a way to do it so it's site-wide? I have a bunch of pages this happens on and the list will only get longer as I grow my store. Or do I have to just repeat the same code with the different blockID for each page?

On 1/13/2022 at 12:35 AM, tuanphan said:

Not sure. Can you share link link to some pages where you have problem? We can check easier

bumping on this, I'm having the same issue. Feel free to check out my site: melanielundquist.com. (Also, sorry for necroing)

On 4/16/2023 at 1:49 AM, tuanphan said:

Which page or section are you referring to?

Check out the spotlight page for example, where on smaller screens the header text "Spotlight" gets mushed smaller and it doesn't look good. Also all the section areas, from "Current" to "Selections" also all become mushed together, along with the image caption. I've attached some photos to show how it looks on smaller screens, and how its supposed to look. I appreciate your help.

howitlooksonsmallerscreens.png.0b4a4441198e11e48d35ea065984ca36.pnghowitssupposedtolook.thumb.png.5b8055186c7c30cbe42f8201c2d716d9.png

On 4/17/2023 at 11:32 PM, Babbitt said:

Check out the spotlight page for example, where on smaller screens the header text "Spotlight" gets mushed smaller and it doesn't look good. Also all the section areas, from "Current" to "Selections" also all become mushed together, along with the image caption. I've attached some photos to show how it looks on smaller screens, and how its supposed to look. I appreciate your help.

howitlooksonsmallerscreens.png.0b4a4441198e11e48d35ea065984ca36.pnghowitssupposedtolook.thumb.png.5b8055186c7c30cbe42f8201c2d716d9.png

What is password?

image.thumb.png.d54ab2d8754e8941027fc531d46f15f8.png

Or send to forum message

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar issue where my H1's on all pages are wrapping on mobile as i'm using them large on desktop.
Is there some css I can drop in to adjust this on all pages at the same time? I'm new to SS and don't code so go easy on me. 

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 18.08.16.png

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 18.08.27.png

On 7/30/2023 at 12:09 AM, PaoPao said:

Hi,

I have a similar issue where my H1's on all pages are wrapping on mobile as i'm using them large on desktop.
Is there some css I can drop in to adjust this on all pages at the same time? I'm new to SS and don't code so go easy on me. 

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 18.08.16.png

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 18.08.27.png

You can add this to Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
	h1 {
		font-size: 30px !important;
}
}

Or send to forum message

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, Skyla said:

Hey @tuanphan is there a way to stop my text from cutting between words on mobile? The word "Strategies" is getting cut on any size of iPhone.

https://www.thedeependagency.com/

Also right under that, "Search Engine Optimization" and the paragraph attached to it, they overlap on my phone even though it looks normal on the Editor. Any suggestions?

Add to Website Tools (under Not Linked) > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
div#block-a1b773461c9a248209a7 h1 {
    font-size: 40px;
}
.fe-block-bd114640580bc4372f07 {
    grid-row-start: 11 !important;
}

.fe-block-040dcc368717fcc3a021 {
    grid-row-start: 9 !important;
}}

Or send to forum message

• 4 months later...