Footer image no longer appears

Site URL: https://restoreshtower.org

Recently, we've discovered that the image in the footer of our site no longer appears.  It did used to show up, but it now invisible.  The site is:  https://restoreshtower.org

It is currently password protected with the password:  shtrc

The image was the exact same file as the header image, but I've changed it to a unique file to eliminate that possibility. The image appears when I edit the footer (Attached sample), but when I end editing, the image becomes invisible.  I'm editing in Chrome, but the image is also invisible in Safari and iOS Mobile Safari.

I have some custom CSS for the page and for the footer, both of which I removed and tested, but that seemed to make no difference.  I inspected the page, and the IMG tag is present with the correct filename.

I'm at a loss as to what it could be and am hoping a Squarespace expert might arrive at the solution more quickly than I can on my own.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 2.42.01 PM.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Site URL: https://www.ayeokfotk.com/

Everytime I hit done on my homepage, the image on the footer doesn't save, but when I hit edit it reappears. This has never happened and it just started. All I did was add some text to the footer. I hit save and the logo in the middle of footer disappeared and same was reflected to my published site. But if I press edit and edit footer, the image reappears but it refuses to save. It's driving me nuts. I took text off, made the image smaller, larger, deleted the block put another and re-uploaded the image from my computer still the same problem. Cleared browser cache, the problem persists. Can anyone tell me what's going on!?

7 hours ago, Kei2 said:

Everytime I hit done on my homepage, the image on the footer doesn't save. Can anyone tell me what's going on!?

The image is being saved to the footer (I can see it in the code) but is hidden from view. This typically occurs when custom code is used or when the image doesn't meet the Squarespace image requirements. You can try removing custom code temporarily and also try a different (smaller-sized, RGB) image. If neither of these actions affect the issue, it's best to get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care as they'll have access to the backend of the site. You can reach out to Customer Care using this link.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul! Thank you so much for your response. I don't have any custom code and as far as the image requirements I did try a smaller image and it still disappears. Also this problem just started yesterday. The image displayed fine up until then and I created the site early Dec. 2021. Any recommendations? If not, thanks so much for the help link!

23 hours ago, Kei2 said:

Any recommendations? If not, thanks so much for the help link!

This appears to have been caused by a Squarespace technical issue ("bug") regarding images in footers (now resolved).

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.