Floating Button on Bottom

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com

Hello,

I am new to the forum so I will take this opportunity to greet you all.

Is it possible to add a floating button with link as on the page from the picture?
Bottom floating button with transparent background to follow the style of the site.

Example:
https://willownewyork.com/

Site:
https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com
Password: 123456

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.00.05 PM.png

Edited by TheStandVeganCafe
On 1/10/2022 at 9:01 PM, TheStandVeganCafe said:

Is it possible to add a bottom floating button with transparent background?

Welcome 👋

As you're using Squarespace 7.1, the easiest way is to add a new section at the bottom of the site's footer. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking EDIT FOOTER and then ADD SECTION.

Design your new footer section to meet your needs, for example with three Button Blocks if that's what you'd like, for example:

2050112336_Screenshot2022-01-13at10_36_06.thumb.png.806ff31fb3f196e7dfa89b4d86b4e2c7.png

Once you've added this, we can provide you with some styling code (CSS) to add to your site to make it fixed, reduce the height, change the background colour & opacity, and so on. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

8 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Welcome 👋

As you're using Squarespace 7.1, the easiest way is to add a new section at the bottom of the site's footer. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking EDIT FOOTER and then ADD SECTION.

Design your new footer section to meet your needs, for example with three Button Blocks if that's what you'd like, for example:

2050112336_Screenshot2022-01-13at10_36_06.thumb.png.806ff31fb3f196e7dfa89b4d86b4e2c7.png

Once you've added this, we can provide you with some styling code (CSS) to add to your site to make it fixed, reduce the height, change the background colour & opacity, and so on. 🙂

Thank You my friend!
I'll get back to you when I'm done

12 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Welcome 👋

Hello,

Added section with button (White background). 
I would like the background to be in this color #E05E5A
Opacity 50% with White button.
And always be at the bottom of the screen as on the site I gave you as an example

https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com/

Thank you very much once again! 

15 hours ago, TheStandVeganCafe said:

Added section with button

I do not see a new section in the footer. This is what I see:

2080788335_Screenshot2022-01-14at15_32_50.thumb.png.d970e7f94bca8fcf0acb6cefd2de10ef.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

436284578_Screenshot2022-01-17at21_17_22.thumb.png.acc00ea4bf182efe5828204d9c44609f.png

Are we looking at the same site? 🤔

I'm looking at https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com where the section containing the Order Now button is in the main part of the page, not the footer.

To add a section to the footer you'll need to click the white EDIT FOOTER button and then add your new section there. Does that make sense?

Edited by paul2009

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

436284578_Screenshot2022-01-17at21_17_22.thumb.png.acc00ea4bf182efe5828204d9c44609f.png

Are we looking at the same site? 🤔

I'm looking at https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com where the section containing the Order Now button is in the main part of the page, not the footer.

To add a section to the footer you'll need to click the white EDIT FOOTER button and then add your new section there. Does that make sense?

Hello,

I added a section above the footer (white bg with red button)
Does it have to be in the footer or above it?

https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com/

• Solution
1 hour ago, TheStandVeganCafe said:

I would not like it to be an integral part of the footer

Yes, I understand that 🙂.

I asked you to add it to a new section in the footer so that the button can float on every page of the website. If you're happy for it to only appear on the homepage you can leave it where it is, and use this CSS like this:

sDZrovZuBg.thumb.gif.3a02a77d91db1c39242f5ce851034749.gif

// Fixed Footer Section Sqsp 7.1
.page-section[data-section-id="61e0b613d33f5969b3fba88a"] {
  position: fixed;
  background: transparent;
  bottom: 0px;
  left:0;
  right:0;
  z-index: 9999;
  min-height: 30px!important;
  .section-background {
      background: #000;
    opacity:0.6;    
  }
  .content-wrapper {
    padding: 17px!important;
  }
}

Just tell me how to fix this.
I would like the section to go below copyright on mobile devices.And I would like to center the button (desktop) with the section.

Screenshot_20220121-151453_Chrome.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.18.24 PM.png

• 5 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 3:20 PM, paul2009 said:

I asked you to add it to a new section in the footer so that the button can float on every page of the website. If you're happy for it to only appear on the homepage you can leave it where it is, and use this CSS like this:

.section-background {
  }
  .content-wrapper {
  }
}

Hello I'm hoping you can help me. I'm trying to create a floating button at the bottom of my page. I've created a section in the footer with the button. Where do I insert this code to make it work? I tried adding a code block and it didn't work. Thank you so much for your help.

https://dahlia-chrysalis-bsmd.squarespace.com/

57 minutes ago, MaisOuiCreative said:

I'm hoping you can help me. I'm trying to create a floating button at the bottom of my page.

It looks like this is working?

• 10 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 3:20 AM, paul2009 said:

.section-background {
  }
  .content-wrapper {
  }
}

after use this code, website others button not working.

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 2:01 AM, TheStandVeganCafe said:

Site URL: https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com

Hello,

Is it possible to add a floating button with link as on the page from the picture?
Bottom floating button with transparent background to follow the style of the site.

Example:
https://willownewyork.com/

Site:
https://thestandvegancafe.squarespace.com

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.00.05 PM.png

have the same problem.

Folks please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. Without being able to see the issue live there is little chance we can begin to help you.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.