GPS Location on map

Hey!

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I did a search and couldn't see anything.

I've created a map for my client via Snazzy maps (he needed something with a lot of location markers so the normal map widget wouldn't suffice).

He's now asked if it is possible for the users GPS location to be displayed on the map when someone is on the page. I assume it's not possible as there's no option in snazzy maps itself. But wonder if there's a way around that as it's basically taking google maps and adding a skin to it. 

Cheers,
Ian

4 hours ago, iansargent said:

Hey!

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I did a search and couldn't see anything.

I've created a map for my client via Snazzy maps (he needed something with a lot of location markers so the normal map widget wouldn't suffice).

He's now asked if it is possible for the users GPS location to be displayed on the map when someone is on the page. I assume it's not possible as there's no option in snazzy maps itself. But wonder if there's a way around that as it's basically taking google maps and adding a skin to it. 

Cheers,
Ian

You can implement this feature using html5 geolocation or using IP detection to get the current user lat-lng and display on the map, snazzy map is only a styling map which is provided via JSON option, the main feature still be google maps

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

You can implement this feature using html5 geolocation or using IP detection to get the current user lat-lng and display on the map, snazzy map is only a styling map which is provided via JSON option, the main feature still be google maps

ah OK, so I need to embed some code in my Google Maps API?

2 minutes ago, iansargent said:

ah OK, so I need to embed some code in my Google Maps API?

Yes I think so

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Yes I think so

Yeah, just looked into it.

Found the code for geolocation on google maps platform, just need to find out how to implement it in a way that plays nicely with squarespace. Everything I've tried so far doesn't work.

Thanks anyway, you've got me one step closer!

• 5 weeks later...