Member area navigation

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Site URL: https://cramlab.org

Hi there

I'm having difficulty setting up a usable member area navigation. I simply want a new dropdown menu item to appear when a member signs in, but this appears difficult in 7.1.

I select "replace main navigation", but then I am unable to create anything more than a single navigation item so everything appears in the same dropdown. There is the option to add pages to the member area, which of course I could use to add links, but I am unable to unlink this from the dropdown menu item.

I can't imagine I'm the first person to want something more than just a single menu item in a members area so assume I'm doing something silly.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Chris

image.png.a1932ba5b7bff87474a307e61d03f2ce.pngimage.png.d7f31f3e9c891ea4b4714ad2e2bbd61d.png

Have you discovered anything yet? I'm looking for this exact same thing. I had set up all kinds of free content on the navigation toolbar and I'd like my members to be able to easily access that as well, but it seems as if they can't unless I add a link and then put it all directly under the Member section. I don't understand why we can't use folders in the Member section.

• 1 month later...

Having similar issues too. Currently the Login / Account panel in the nav bar brings up the members panel with navigation to the members area. Would would be fine except if they have not already gone through the Member Portal Subscription process  people clicking the LogIn link from the nav risk making a customer account—not a member account. Then they can log in but do not get members access and I have to instruct them on how to go back through the member portal to gain member access and not merely a customer account. It makes the whole process really painful but there are a number of fixes that would suffice:

A) Remove the option to create merely a customer account from the Members Login Nav link. 

B) Append the public nav with the members nav rather than just replace it.

C) Allow site operators to edit member profiles once someone has created a customer account so that they may be "set" as a member or subscriber.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Solution
On 11/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, M_Fancy_Sites said:

Also here with this issue. My client has a lot of pages and it looks bad in one folder

You can use this plugin to create custom navigation for member area

https://www.will-myers.com/products/p/main-nav-replacer

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 months later...