How do you change the background color on a split layout section, when your background is an image?

Site URL: https://www.blackroninpro.com/

Hey all! I need some help changing the background color of a split layout section on my homepage. I've used custom css to push the image to the left and the content to the right. However, the css I'm using uses the image as the background. So, I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the background color of the content side. It's currently grey and I would like to change it to white. The theme editor is only changing the font color and not the background of the section. Any assistance would be very appreciated!

password: Ronin

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.19.33 PM.png

3 hours ago, mcreel said:

Site URL: https://www.blackroninpro.com/

Hey all! I need some help changing the background color of a split layout section on my homepage. I've used custom css to push the image to the left and the content to the right. However, the css I'm using uses the image as the background. So, I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the background color of the content side. It's currently grey and I would like to change it to white. The theme editor is only changing the font color and not the background of the section. Any assistance would be very appreciated!

password: Ronin

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.19.33 PM.png

You can try adding to Home > Design > Custom Css

section[data-section-id="60abf58c4582e538a24d370c"] {
	.content-wrapper {
		background: transparent;
	}
	background: #fff;
}

Let me know how it works on your site

Support me by pressing 👍 if this useful for you

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Thank you for getting with me on this! It works awesome on the desktop view, however, it's not working on the mobile view. I've used css to make the image transparent and just show the content on the mobile view. How can I apply this to the mobile version as well?

8 hours ago, mcreel said:

Thank you for getting with me on this! It works awesome on the desktop view, however, it's not working on the mobile view. I've used css to make the image transparent and just show the content on the mobile view. How can I apply this to the mobile version as well?

Use this code for mobile

/* Mobile - Who is BRP */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
[data-section-id="60abf58c4582e538a24d370c"] .section-background {
    background-color: white !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)