Dealing wth the 400-1000 Squarespace page limit

Site URL: https://www.marleyshouseofsport.com

So my site is built to have members login to TWO separate pages which provide them with information unique to them. Member Areas was completely useless for my purposes and I could see that early on so I had to find another solution that allowed me to have my clients log in to my website and view their account info etc. Enter Sentry Login. A brilliant solution to everything. I've been using them for ages without a hitch. This was fine in the beginning when I never expected more members maybe ever than say 100 max. But now unexpectedly as the business has grown I find myself with 1000 members who want to come aboard and want accounts but I am unable to set up accounts for that many people so I've had to turn away huge amounts of members or at least put them on hold. The squarespace 1000 page limit has hit me at about 300 members (with 2 pages each). Now these two pages have most of my unique data piped in through to them via referenced cells from googlesheets in iframes on the backend. Theres a case where I could do this for ALL data instead of some but it would take some kind of coding sorcery to then use the same shared shell pages when people log in and their iframe google sheet data uniquely switched out to each appropriate individual each time. If there is one that is the only thing I can think of that could ever solve this. I just can't seem to get around the need for more and more pages as I add more and more member accounts. 

One idea I had (and it's a pretty inelegant, awful and confusing one for members) to add more people is to buy a few seperate sites and domains and duplicate my current site, buy new sentry login subscriptions for each to allow members to join, and then send clients to the slightly differing URL's to log in and explain to them the situation and not to log in to the other sites or the main one... What a nightmare right? But I'll have to do that and look like an idiot if I don't come up with another solution soon. 

So you see that by way of initial poor design I have stupidly painted myself into somewhat of a tight corner. So much work has gone in and I have such a complicated google sheets backend system going on that a complete redesign is out of the question. 

You might say the solution is to hire a developer and ordinarily speaking I would agree but the current financial situation makes this impossible and I'm left to try to tackle things on my own with little to zero coding knowledge. Willing to learn I just have no idea which direction to head in doing so. 

Any ideas at all please let me know.

- Marley

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...