Image descriptions

Site URL: https://www.at-y.com/

Can any SEO experts confirm that it's worth writing all the image descriptions for each image in a gallery block?

Are these actually getting indexed by google because when I check my Google Console it seems all my image urls are excluded.

Just would love confirmation either way before I waste more time describing all of these pictures.

Thank you

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It is the best practice to add "alt tag" to all images. If there is an option to add "alt tag" you must add them. There are a lot of searches by image. So, you have to have a valid image name and "alt tag"

Hey there, yes—definitely add alt-image info for gallery block images in Squarespace. 

Here are the best practices:

• the alt-image text should be 125 characters or fewer
  • add unique natural-language keywords to each alt-image tag
  • before you upload images to Squarespace, rename them using your alt-image info

Hope that helps 🙂

15 hours ago, EllaSEO said:

Hey there, yes—definitely add alt-image info for gallery block images in Squarespace. 

Here are the best practices:

• the alt-image text should be 125 characters or fewer
  • add unique natural-language keywords to each alt-image tag
  • before you upload images to Squarespace, rename them using your alt-image info

Hope that helps 🙂

My images are not indexing in Google Search Console despite adding alt-image text. I'll try using unique natural-language keywords as you suggested.

Thanks for the tip @EllaSEO