Custom code block is blank

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'm trying to use the custom code block and the editor is coming up blank. The default "Hello World!" text is visible on the page, but nothing in the editing block (see image). Things I have tried that did not fix it:

• commented out all of my custom code and CSS
  • turned off my browser extensions
  • logged into squarespace on a different browser
  • logged into a different squarespace account

Has anyone else encountered this and did you find a fix? This is the first time I've ever had a problem like this and I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for your input. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.03.21 AM.png

Site URL: https://www.kelsiecakes.com

Hi! I'm trying to add a code block to my website, however whenever I add the block, the editing box is blank. I can't do anything, add new code or delete the "hello world" code or anything. I've tried 3 different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox) and different pages on my website (home page, about page, blog post pages for example) and it's the same every time.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.48.18 AM.png

Site URL: http://www.womenentrepreneursinc.com

This is happening on every single one of my squarespace websites, not just on a specific page. 
I would make a specific customer service report with this, but I have to be frank, I will not sit there and remove every line of code from all of my websites for Squarespace to try and diagnose the issue. Clearly this is an issue on Squarespace's end, but I want to see if anybody else is experiencing this issue today, and whether they have figured out how to get around the problem. 

Screenshot 2022-01-04 095202.jpg

• Solution
3 hours ago, Elegant_Clutz said:

I'm trying to use the custom code block and the editor is coming up blank.

Update: This Squarespace bug was fixed a short time ago.

This is a Squarespace bug. The forum community would love to help but we are unable to resolve technical issues with the platform.

When a Squarespace feature isn't working as expected it is best to get straight in touch with Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to Customer Care using this link

637214812_Screenshot2022-01-04at17_23_03.thumb.png.d0d2ab1896dbde21c26f8fdc191bc9c1.png

Edited by paul2009
Updated once fixed

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

When a Squarespace feature isn't working as expected it is best to get straight in touch with Squarespace Customer Care. The forum community would love to help but we are unable to resolve technical issues with the platform. You can reach out to Customer Care using this link.

Please post back to let the community know how you get on.

Did this help you today? Please provide feedback by clicking a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Thank you! I was trying to find their contact information but I just kept seeing links to the forum.

I will definitely submit that request, I appreciate the link. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

42 minutes ago, Kelsie said:

Thank you! I was trying to find their contact information but I just kept seeing links to the forum.

I will definitely submit that request, I appreciate the link. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Looks like lots of people are reporting the issue...let's go SS!

I'm having the exact same issue. I spoke with a rep via chat and they were no help. i copied and pasted a code from w3schools and everything was off. I made no alterations to the code.

What seemed to work (a little) was going to colors in site styles and making the section background transparent. That's all I know. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, jlcarte4 said:

I'm having the exact same issue. I spoke with a rep via chat and they were no help. i copied and pasted a code from w3schools and everything was off. I made no alterations to the code.

What seemed to work (a little) was going to colors in site styles and making the section background transparent. That's all I know. Any advice would be appreciated.

Can you share link to page where you added the code? Which code did you add? 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)