Vertical Photos in Gallery

I put some some photos with a vertical orientation in a simple slideshow photo gallery but they are being resized to a horizontal orientation so that the content is squished.  Why is that happening and how can I prevent it?

Example:  this photo has a vertical orientation in the photo library, but the dimensions are changed in the gallery which is distorting the picture.

image.png.95db35bcdba32b09e1fa76323509139a.png

Edited by FORNEO
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/2/2022 at 3:11 AM, FORNEO said:

I put some some photos with a vertical orientation in a simple slideshow photo gallery but they are being resized to a horizontal orientation so that the content is squished.  Why is that happening and how can I prevent it?

Example:  this photo has a vertical orientation in the photo library, but the dimensions are changed in the gallery which is distorting the picture.

image.png.5d8eca39e8bf3a43ccffe546d8e85678.png

Can you share link to page where you use slideshow?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

5 minutes ago, FORNEO said:

I put some some photos with a vertical orientation in a simple slideshow photo gallery but they are being resized to a horizontal orientation so that the content is squished

If the Gallery isn't working as expected then I recommend you get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care. They'll be able to investigate this for you.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

If the Gallery isn't working as expected then I recommend you get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care. They'll be able to investigate this for you.

I just chatted with someone from SS.  Crazy as it is, there is no way to fix this except by resizing all of the photos and re-uploading them.  Therefore, none of the slideshow layouts will work.  😧  I just took over updating a website created with SquareSpace and this is my first time using the service.  I'm shocked at some of the simple things that cannot be done with it.