I want to switch templates on my paid site, but can't find them

10 hours ago, susiehk said:

I want to redesign my site to better meet my evolving needs, and I want to do that using a new template.

Squarespace 7.1 doesn't have "templates", just some "starting points" to give you inspiration and get you started. There isn't a feature that allows you to go back to one of these "starting points". To use one, you'd need to build a new site by starting a new trial.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:58 AM, paul2009 said:

Squarespace 7.1 doesn't have "templates", just some "starting points" to give you inspiration and get you started. There isn't a feature that allows you to go back to one of these "starting points". To use one, you'd need to build a new site by starting a new trial.

"Starting a new trial" I'm fine with starting from scratch but will SquareSpace let me transfer my subscription to this new trial site or will they charge me a separate site for this change?

2 hours ago, NonfatTsars said:

Will SquareSpace let me transfer my subscription to this new trial site?

It's not possible to transfer subscriptions from one site to another. There's a guide that covers moving from 7.0 to 7.1 and it's the same process to move from one 7.1 site to another.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
54 minutes ago, Metatron said:

i vividly recall being able to try out designs and switch them out, did i dream that?

This was possible (essential?) on Squarespace 7.0 because each template had different styles and features. On Squarespace 7.1, every site has the same template and same features so they don't offer the ability to switch.

7.1 is "templates" in name only. With a bit of work you can make any one of the starting points look like another one because they are all the same template. 7.1 is not at all like 7.0 where you can  switch templates like those in the Brine family. You can switch from say Foster to Basil, although they are  inside the same template family they are very different templates from each other. Swiitching from say Avenue, a single template, to Brine, now that is a bit more difficult even though the option is there to do so. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews