• Views 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, sundog said:

Site URL: https://www.sundogbread.com/preorder

Hi!

Is there a way to schedule the lock screen turn on or off at a specific time?

Can you describe more detail the turning on or off? Í am still not clear about your point

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

@bangank36 I suspect @sundog is looking for a scheduling feature for when a page is password protected or not so that there is no need to manually enter and remove the password for the page.

@sundog it would be a great feature but unfortunately SS does not provide one. There have been a number of folks in similar businesses to yours, I've seen on the forum, that take pre-orders and need to manage that window of opportunity easily.

Although not as good as having a feature built-in to SS to do this it might be possible to come up with a workaround. It would require the business plan or above and Javascript. It wouldn't manipulate the password protection. Code might be added to the preorder page that would check the time and when it's cool to enter things would work normally. Then when the time is not cool, the site visitor would be redirected to another page explaining that the time isn't good. Alternately the page itself might be altered in some way to indicate the current status based on time.

Now there are some big caveats to this method. The Javascript would be running client-side meaning it might be disabled in some way causing things not to go as you'd like. Also the time is checked client side so if the visitors clock is off then that also could cause issues. Also working with time on computers is always a coding challenge. At least for me it makes my brain hurt! 🙂

You will have to weigh the potential ups and downs of each method. If you do think you'd like to try the Javascript route let us know. We can't promise we can come up with working code or how well it will work but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.