How to center narrow vertical spacer block

Site URL: http://www.friendsofrecoveryneo.com

I added a vertical spacer between 2 columns, but when I resize the vertical spacer block to the narrowest size it will allow (it will only resize in increments), I am not able to center it.

Current state:  columns are equal width but there is too much space between columns.

1472356635_2021-12-3011_22_16-GetInvolvedFriendsofRecoveryNEOhio.thumb.jpg.a8ef24a5619f85d5aeb70bb2514d5a35.jpg

If I make the spacer block narrower, I am not able to center it so the columns are not equal width:

371578311_2021-12-3011_22_39-GetInvolvedFriendsofRecoveryNEOhio.thumb.jpg.05bd1924fa600a1fd9b981867b78f74a.jpg

So, how can I. . .

1.  Resize the width of the block to a custom size (override the forced increments).

and

2.  Center the spacer block so the columns on either size are the same width.

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Views 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The layout has a 12 column grid, so if you add a 2-column spacer you'll have two 5-column text blocks (your first image). If you change the spacer to 1-column, there are 11-columns remaining so it isn't possible to have equal text block widths.

The only way around this is to manually set the column widths with CSS on this page, but this will have implications for the rest of the page content, and so isn't recommended.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.