Can't change colors in site styles

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having this same issue. Just purchased a business plan, and anytime I select the "Colors" tab to play around with some new bg colors and font colors it just gets stuck on the spinning circle loading screen. I can edit the themes in the editor, but I can't apply them to the page. I can insert a video, or any other background image on the pages, I just can't load the "Colors" tab to play around with themes.

This isn't just happening with themes though, I just tried to adjust the colors of the mobile drop down menu, by clicking the colors tab on that set of edit options, and am also stuck on the spinning circle. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

colors2.png

colors1.png

Edited by EcologyOfCare

Are you using any ad- or tracker-blocking tools? These can block the services that Squarespace provides to allow you to edit your site. If not, get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care. The forum community would love to help but we are unable to resolve technical issues with the platform. You can reach out to Customer Care using this link.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...

I'm having the same issue as well. Disabled all of my anti-tracking and ad blocking extensions, still seeing the loading circle when I click to go to edit my Site Styling. Any clue to how to fix this? I want to code my site, but thinking I may have to change my hosting site if I can't fix this

6 minutes ago, candi said:

I'm having the same issue as well.

Please contact Squarespace Customer Care for assistance.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.