7.1 is a JOKE!!! Can you still put your navigation on the left side of the page.

I have 2 sites on Squarespace and I was about to add a third. This new 7.1 is absurd.

Is there no way, without custom CSS, to simply put the navigation on the left hand side of the page, or to split it in tow parts between the logo?

Everything seems so restrictive now. I may move on from Squarespace, this new format is a step backwards.

Edited by visualreserve
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just logged in to my account to make a new site only to see that Squarespace has this horrendous new 7.1 platform.

Is there a way, besides using custom css, to change the navigation on a site? Right now it seems like you're stuck with the few options in the header.

For example, how can I make navigation on the left hand side? Or delete the header and make my own header format navigation?

If you are not liking v7.1 you can always start a v7.0 site. You just need to scroll down to the bottom of the SS template page and click on the link to access the older templates.

Keep in mind that v7.0 is not getting some of the new features that SS is releasing.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Go to edit, and then "Edit the Header", at the top of that pop up panel on the right, there are three icons, a globe, a desktop, and a mobile. Choose the desktop icon, then just below that click header layout. Then you will see the word logo next to three dashes, the nav bar. You can choose where they appear, left, right, middle, five choices in all. Spilting the  nav is not one of those choices however.  That is not hard to do with a bit of code in custom css:

https://stnsvn.com/blog/how-to-make-a-split-navigation-in-squarespace-71

Edited by derricksrandomviews
2 hours ago, visualreserve said:

So now there's no way to have the navigation on the left hand side?

You can have the navigation on the left side if you like. It's one of the header options in Squarespace 7.1 (see below).

485864919_Screenshot2021-12-22at21_42_08.thumb.png.6c34e647fb48c5e4a9a741724ce88cd5.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.