How do I change the fonts on the "account" section of my site?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://derricksaenz.com

Site: derricksaenz.com

Hello,

I want to get my website's account and login pop-ups to use different fonts, particularly the ones that I use on my website. I have an uploaded font to test on ('font-family: Staaliches' because it looks way different from the original font and I already have it uploaded), but ultimately I want to use Helvetica Neue, which is the font I am using for the rest of my website.

I did an "inspect element" on multiple pages and found that the accounts <div> uses a class called .dE6c3WI8W and the login <div> uses a class called ._3zbTgu4v. This leads me to believe that if I went to Custom CSS, and I called those classes and put that the font family would be Staaliches, that would fix my issue. But it didn't.

How would I go about changing the fonts of the account and login sections? Thank you!

Image of my Custom CSS is attached.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 10.24.06 AM.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
On 12/20/2021 at 6:32 PM, DerrickSaenz said:

I want to get my website's account and login pop-ups to use different fonts

As Tuan said, you cannot easily change the styles within account popups.

For security reasons, Squarespace loads account and login popups within iFrames making it more complex and requiring JavaScript. Also, as the iFrame isn't aware of your fonts (it defaults to the Squarespace 'Clarkson' font) you need to reload these too within the iFrame. 

In summary, it isn't possible to post a generic solution that will work on all sites; the solution will need to be custom written for each site.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, paul2009 said:

As Tuan said, you cannot easily change the styles within account popups.

For security reasons, Squarespace loads account and login popups within iFrames making it more complex and requiring JavaScript. Also, as the iFrame isn't aware of your fonts (it defaults to the Squarespace 'Clarkson' font) you need to reload these too within the iFrame. 

In summary, it isn't possible to post a generic solution that will work on all sites; the solution will need to be custom written for each site.

How would I be able to make this solution, or would a Squarespace developer be needed to make this change?