Help with Search Function

Site URL: https://cargofilm-staging.squarespace.com/films

I created a site with 100+ films in 7.0 using index pages. I typically name the pages as Index = film name and pages within the index as film name banner / film name details. for example:

Gabi (index)
Gabi Banner (page)
Gabi details (page)

I tried to change the page name and urls to remove the film name but it still shows in the search. Is 

My problem is trying to limit the search to this page https://cargofilm-staging.squarespace.com/films (password: cargo)

I've inserted the site wide search to the header and I've also added the search and limited it to the releases gallery which is where the poster images for the films are and where they are then sorted by tag and category to the individual pages.

My goal is to limit the search to the content on the FILMS page that would be equivalent to Command F on a Mac. Is there any solution for this HTML/CSS or perhaps a plugin or to limit the search to only the Index not the pages below? I was able to find the code to limit search results from the blog which is where the press is.

Any help would be very appreciated. I can't believe this is so challenging.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.39.06 AM.png

Squarespace search is very limited and does not work correctly on Squarespace 7.1.

If you need a professional solution, you may want to take a look at Swiftype, although it is pricey at $199 per month for their core product (minimum of $79 per month)!

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Not good news but at least I'm not alone. I had found code here to eliminate images and posts from search results and tried to adjust it to eliminate Index page content. Preface here that I am not a developer. Could this be a possible workaround?

/* Hide IMAGES that match search criteria */
.search-result .sqs-search-container-item.sqs-post.sqs-post-type-image.ContentItem.sqs-search-page-item {
  display: none;
}

/* Hide BLOG POSTS that match search criteria */
.search-result .sqs-search-container-item.sqs-search-page-item.sqs-post.ContentItem {
}

This is the one I tried to mimic but I really have no clue what I'm doing. Just thought if only the index showed it could work.

/* Hide INDEX PAGE CONTENT that match search criteria */
.search-result .sqs-search-container-item.sqs-search-page-item.sqs-post.ContentItem.sqs-Index-page-content {
}

2 hours ago, artpimpress said:

I had found code here to eliminate images and posts from search results and tried to adjust it to eliminate Index page content.

Those appear to be from the guide that I wrote some years ago: How to hide items from Squarespace search results. There aren't any new ways to control the results because Squarespace haven't updated this feature for some time.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick follow up that I added the final bit of code from the article @paul2009 wrote https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/how-to-remove-unwanted-items-from-squarespace-search-results and it helped resolve part of my search issue. I hope that Squarespace will update this feature going forward but putting the code here in case it can help someone else. Thanks, Paul!

/* Hide PAGES that match search criteria */
.search-result .sqs-search-container-item.sqs-post.PageCollectionData.sqs-search-page-item {
}