Changing hover effect on individual images on grid

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I currently have a grid of thumbnail images on the home page of website that links to other pages. (this is a graphic design portfolio website)
I have a color overlay hover effect on the images, so when you hover over the image it turns the image a solid blue shade. 
I would like to change this so each image has a different hover color instead of just one color.

Would anyone be able to tell how I can achieve this effect? I've attached a quick example of the effect I'm trying to achieve if that helps.

Thank you!

mockup1.jpg

Edited by BadScifi
Added Mockup
  • Replies 4
  • Views 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

It's possible to do this by specifying different colours for the different elements by using nth selector like nth-of-type or nth-child. If you need more specific help, you'll to allow us to view the page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

Here's an example for the first two items on the page. Add this to Design > Custom CSS and add further entries for each grid item:

/* Change Grid Item Hover Colors */
.portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-item:nth-of-type(1) .portfolio-overlay {
  background-color: #5FBB8D; /* green */
}
.portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-item:nth-of-type(2) .portfolio-overlay {
  background-color: #649EF7; /* blue */
}

grid-item-hover.gif.f6966867151fa57fcbaeb6e53bb3bbd4.gif

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.