Which is th ebest template for me?

I am looking for a template that will let me have subpages from the main page.

For example, let's suppose that I want a link on the main page that is called "My Las vegas vacation" and when I  click on that I  have a page that has all of my photos from my Las Vegas vacation.

Then I might have a link that is called "Christmas 2020" and when I click on that I have all of the photos from Christmas 2020.

Another link on the main page might be named "Graduation" and whenI click on that I gets to see the photos from my graduation.

I have not been able to find a template that allows this.  Am I missing something? 

• Replies 4
  • Views 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost any template from either v7.1 or v.7.0 will allow, in general, something like what you describe.

You could simply add a text block(s) on the main page and create links in it that would point to other pages on the site.

I suggest starting a trial site on v7.1 and experiment. Explore how things work.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I am not aware of any specific instructions on how to do this. This is not a programmer task per se. It is a matter of digging in! Getting to grips with how Squarespace works!

If that is not in your wheelhouse then I suggest hiring a consultant. I am one. There are several very qualified folks on this forum who can help in that capacity. Find someone who is a good fit for you.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I am doing something similar to that in a number of differnt ways. I use drop down menus that take you to different pages, a drop down "archive" block that groups my blog posts by categories as well. Want you want is pretty easy, but there are number of ways to approch it. Creedon had one good idea. Block of text with a  discriptive line that is a link to a page or gallery or blog post. I also have an index page with my photos categorized as well. 

Take a look at my site. I have links on my nav bar to and a category drop down menu, It can be set as a sidebar list if I wanted it that way and the picture page has thumnails which take the viewer to a particular gallery. 

Home page: my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews